CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Class win (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=22588)

stefan callender 12-21-2009 07:30 PM

Class win

Now that the indexes have been lowered, it use to be .50 under for a class win. Will the NHRA change it to .20 under now??

art leong 12-21-2009 07:36 PM

Re: Class win

They will let you know about a week or two "after" the first class race.

Jim Wahl 12-21-2009 09:03 PM

Art, I was thinking the same thing! Do you really think it will be that soon "after" the race?Jim

bob3240 12-21-2009 09:18 PM

Since the new qualifying format is based entirely on the indexes and class winners can no longer bump out faster cars, there is really no reason for that rule to continue. Wait, they could save giving away trophies!

Jack McCarthy 12-22-2009 01:58 PM

bob > class winners never did bump out the faster cars "the eliminator shall be made up of the class winner then filled to 64 (128) with the fastest qualifiers not winning thier class"... the qualifiers were the bump ins until wally died then the rich assholes got thier way.

however when thier gets to be 128 mustangs & challengers it will backfire on them too !

jack mccarthy

bob3240 12-22-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack McCarthy (Post 158367)
bob > class winners never did bump out the faster cars "the eliminator shall be made up of the class winner then filled to 64 (128) with the fastest qualifiers not winning thier class"... the qualifiers were the bump ins until wally died then the rich assholes got thier way.

however when thier gets to be 128 mustangs & challengers it will backfire on them too !

jack mccarthy

Thanks,Jack. I thought until last year the class winners that were .5 under or more could bump out the faster losers. Mostly this was the ocurrance at Indy. The other races didn't have enough cars to affect things.

Tom Moock 12-22-2009 05:55 PM

Stefan, I would think it take`s.35 under the index to win class on a single run, because you have to run .35 under the index to count on the average for AFHS, last year it was .50 under to win class and to count on average for AFHS. Tom

Charley Downing 12-22-2009 06:11 PM

As of 1:30 pm NHRA time(12/22/09) it will still take .50 under to win class. And there are no plans to change this rule for the 2010 season. I feel this is total BS. At tracks like Bristol going .50 under the index will be a hard task for some cars. If you don't like the rule you need to call NHRA and bitch like myself. This is the only way this rule my get changed.

Tom Moock 12-22-2009 06:56 PM

Charley, maybe they don`t want racers to win class on bye runs? do you still win class if you don`t have a bye run? no matter how far under you run. Tom

Charley Downing 12-22-2009 08:06 PM

Class win rule will be the same as 2009 and 2008. If there are two or more cars in a class .50 under rule is not in place. .50 under rule is for singles only. As per my phone call today. So yes if there are two or more cars you don't even haft to run the index to win class. The only time that you could lose class if you had two or more cars in that class, is if class is rained out and both cars don't run .50 under. Then no on wins class. Ask Ron Ortiz gatornationals 2007. Ron was the fastest of three cars in his class but all cars were slower then .50 under.