CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   A Racing Family Since 1988 (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   NHRA vs. NMCA/ NMRA (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=68107)

tiremaster 11-03-2017 10:45 AM

NHRA vs. NMCA/ NMRA

Now that the NHRA Div. schedule is out, have you looked at the dates compared to these sanctioning bodies. It would help increase car counts if something could be done to offset the dates, especially with stock and superstock cars and Top Sportsman.
Norwalk NHRA Div.3 race same as Bowling Green NMCA
Bowling Green NHRA Div.3 vs. Norwalk NMCA
Gateway National vs. Indy NMCA

Mike Pearson 11-03-2017 07:39 PM

Re: NHRA vs. NMCA/ NMRA

The Bradenton race is the same weekend as the Gainesville pints race. Same as last year. I would go if it was a different weekend. With proper scheduling they could have gotten a good car count.

Jim Wahl 11-04-2017 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Pearson (Post 549051)
The Bradenton race is the same weekend as the Gainesville pints race. Same as last year. I would go if it was a different weekend. With proper scheduling they could have gotten a good car count.

I keep telling them this and they don't listen. They claim to want input but that doesn't seem to matter. Shades of NHRA? Jim

Nmbr1GMfan 11-04-2017 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Pearson (Post 549051)

Since we live in Bradenton, I had hoped we could race the NMCA here but I guess not, we'll be in Gainesville.

Adger Smith 11-05-2017 07:32 PM

NMCA W/NHRA Conflicts

March 8-11
Bradenton Motorsports Park NMCA
Gainesville Div

April 5-8
Atlanta Dragway NMCA
Las Vegas National

May 17-20
Beech Bend Raceway NMCA
South Georgia MS Park Div
Norwalk Div
Pamona Div
Topeka National

July 26-29
Route 66 Raceway NMCA
Topeka Div
Sonoma National

August 23-26
Summit Motorsports Park, Norwalk NMCA
Beech Bend Div
Rocky Mtn. National

September 20-23
Lucas Oil Raceway, Indianapolis NMCA
Gateway National

I guess you noticed all 6 NMCA races are in conflict with at least one NHRA race

Jim Bailey 11-06-2017 09:17 PM

Since I live in Bradenton, and the NMCA Race is the same weekend as the Gainesville NHRA points meet, I'll be racing in Bradenton. I'll save 6 hours of towing, three days in a motel, sleep in our own bed every night. Enjoy the traditionally better weekend weather. Race for more prize money, with less entry fees. Plus ... it'll be fun to kick all my IHRA buddies butts in 2018. Looking forward to a great car count ! - Bring it - It's all about choices.

Nmbr1GMfan 11-06-2017 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bailey (Post 549190)
Since I live in Bradenton, and the NMCA Race is the same weekend as the Gainesville NHRA points meet, I'll be racing in Bradenton. I'll save 6 hours of towing, three days in a motel, sleep in our own bed every night. Enjoy the traditionally better weekend weather. Race for more prize money, with less entry fees. Plus ... it'll be fun to kick all my IHRA buddies butts in 2018. Looking forward to a great car count ! - Bring it - It's all about choices.

I hear the NMCA is a great group, maybe one season we'll run all their races.

Jim Wahl 11-07-2017 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bailey (Post 549190)

Wait. "more prize money, with less entry fees". Say what? And be able to shoot fish in a barrel too!! Jim

James L Miller 11-07-2017 12:41 PM

Too bad NMCA doesn't have races close to Texas. Bowling Green is the closest race I saw for NSS/NMC. It looks like an East Coast sanctioning body.

GUMP 11-08-2017 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Wahl (Post 549068)
I keep telling them this and they don't listen. They claim to want input but that doesn't seem to matter. Shades of NHRA? Jim

They have classes other than Stock/SS. Why should they switch their whole schedule in the hopes of getting a few more cars?