CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Tech West Racing Services MSD Upgrade (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=37282)

duke66 12-02-2011 04:21 PM

Re: Tech West Racing Services MSD Upgrade

This is Cad's Dad. Is there an upgrade available for the 6AL? What are the sparkplug wires that you recommend? This is a 12 to 1, 383 SBC. What wire electrode sparkplug would you recommend.
Thanks,
Duke

lareagle 12-04-2011 11:33 AM

HI Paul
MSD 7al2 can you build timing retard inside box?
Thanks
Larry

duke66 12-04-2011 03:33 PM

How many volts input will a 6AL stand? I know your Maxpwer 20 is 20 volts. Will a 6AL stand 24 volts input?

GTX JOHN 01-26-2012 04:33 AM

Pat:

We run HVC Blue Coil on MSD 6AL on a couple of our Low Compression

Small Block Stockers.......would we be happier with one of you recommended

Coils? They sure are less money on initial purchase.

Thanks,

John Irving

Reed Granrt 02-22-2012 10:51 AM

I had a customer to ask me a question, yesterday and I had no good answer. He asked which is better of the 6AL MSD units., a reworked analog(Tech West unit) or the new electronic digital MSD 6AL.
reed

Reed Granrt 02-23-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Techwest Racing Services (Post 311017)
Reed Granrt

Short answer, currently an upgraded analog 6al will out perform both stock boxes from Texas. The advantage a Digital has is a little smoother Soft Touch Rev limiter than the analog version from the testing we have done with in house customers. That being said we are working on an upgrade package for the Digital box that should take the box to another level as well. We have multiple in house testers that have been running the Digital box in tandem with an upgraded box. They all have come back with their staying with analog box until we have the Digital box package ready to roll out later this year. I hope this answer your question, if not you know where to find me! :)

I have had both types on my dyno with a scope hooked to both and everything I could look at here said that the analog box was better also, but my equipment to check is limited and I did not want to give a false answer.
Thanks for the reassurance
reed.

Reed Granrt 02-24-2012 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Techwest Racing Services (Post 311098)
Reed

Easier to ask then explain a wrong answer! Been there done that......:-) Have a good one & try to stay out of Trouble!!!!!! :)

I tried staying out of trouble one time, and it wus no fun at all
reed

Anthony Fetch 03-01-2012 07:40 PM

Hey Pat I just wanted to let you know I shipped my msd 7al2 and according to the tracking it was left at the front door. If you can just confirm that you have recieved it. You can reach me on my cell 732 966 7731

Thanks
Anthony Fetch

Jeff Niceswanger 03-02-2012 09:12 AM

Hi Pat
I have stumbled on a Tech release Addendum quoting that the PN 7530T ( among others) will " shut Down unexpectantly" if a resister is not added to the "power on" line while using 16 volt battery's if the hand held PN 7550 Monitor is left hooked up..It states that if your unit has R1 or R2 stamped on the end panel,updates are already installed and this resister is not needed. Mine is stamped R4. I'm taking it that this is revision 4, and the other ones noted were revision 1 and 2...But wanted to verify. Thanks for you time and info, Jeff

Chad Rhodes 03-12-2012 11:59 AM

Pat, wondering if you could give me a hand with an ignition noise related issue?