CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NHRA Pontiac McCarty Racing Tunnelport Head Approval. (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=67571)

Travis Miller 09-13-2017 08:02 AM

Re: NHRA Pontiac McCarty Racing Tunnelport Head Approval.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSDiv6 (Post 544918)
The head was approved for Super Stock Modified and Comp Eliminator classes; not Stock and not regular Super Stock class.

The NHRA Approved Products list as of Sept. 12, 2017 officially shows the McCarty head as only legal for...........SS/CM thru FM and Comp

The list can be found by going to www.nhraracer.com and clicking on NHRA Accepted Products.

Dwight Southerland 09-13-2017 09:11 AM

Travis - When I open the approved products document from the website, it has a date of 8/23/17. You must be privy to additional information not available publicly yet.

gmeyer 09-13-2017 09:20 AM

ZZZzzzzz... Yawn. When you can't go as fast as anyone else with current parts, pay someone to design you a head. DCI designed this head. Not McSlowpoke. BTW, nice head if you can afford it. Is NHRA going to add 50 hp in SS? Edelbrocks are what, 15 hp? Get out the popcorn.

At least they get to race Bruce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nobody needs you keyboard opinion

Jim Wery 09-13-2017 10:03 AM

That head is a good looking piece of hardware....

Todd Hoven 09-13-2017 10:05 AM

Congrats! Hope to see it on the track one day

Travis Miller 09-13-2017 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight Southerland (Post 544963)
Travis - When I open the approved products document from the website, it has a date of 8/23/17. You must be privy to additional information not available publicly yet.

I checked www.nhraracer.com again for the approved products and my screen shows 9/12/2017, just like it did earlier today. Sometimes I do get information not available publicly but I wait until it does show up on the website before I let the world know about it.

Dwight Southerland 09-13-2017 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis Miller (Post 544972)
I checked www.nhraracer.com again for the approved products and my screen shows 9/12/2017, just like it did earlier today. Sometimes I do get information not available publicly but I wait until it does show up on the website before I let the world know about it.

I reset the browser images and downloads and it is now updated.

MWNorris 09-13-2017 03:04 PM

Yikes! Any plans for a version of the RAVs be classified in regular SuperStock?!
The parts were only avail over the counter or dealer installed right?

1legjerry 09-13-2017 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmeyer (Post 544964)
ZZZzzzzz... Yawn. When you can't go as fast as anyone else with current parts, pay someone to design you a head. DCI designed this head. Not McSlowpoke. BTW, nice head if you can afford it. Is NHRA going to add 50 hp in SS? Edelbrocks are what, 15 hp? Get out the popcorn.

At least they get to race Bruce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nobody needs you keyboard opinion

Who is this Bruce Fulper guy!

Mike Gray 09-13-2017 04:35 PM

Nice