CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Class Racer Builds (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Tech Issues Warning (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=60401)

Mark Yacavone 12-02-2015 01:06 PM

Tech Issues Warning

Way past time to make this post.
Asking about lightening issues on S/SS car on an open forum is just not a good idea.
Trimming, removing , dipping , etc. certain items have been done for years, and have been gotten away with, even though it is technically ILLEGAL.
A better idea is to just PM someone here who probably knows about such things.
In other words, keep it out of the public domain.
Word to the wise.

SSDiv6 12-02-2015 02:37 PM

Re: Tech Issues Warning

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone (Post 489243)
Way past time to make this post.
Asking about lightening issues on S/SS car on an open forum is just not a good idea.
Trimming, removing , dipping , etc. certain items have been done for years, and have been gotten away with, even though it is technically ILLEGAL.
A better idea is to just PM someone here who probably knows about such things.
In other words, keep it out of the public domain.
Word to the wise.

:)

SStockDart 12-02-2015 10:59 PM

Agree

hutt1 12-03-2015 10:06 AM

You are correct Mark.. I posted some pics of our Hemi car in the painting process and we had several comments from tech people when we did make it to the track.. Lol So they do look at these boards..
What was fun about the SVO is we had it as a complete street car (2975 pounds stock) including spare tire when we first started this project but the 220 hp rating was more than I could work with just learning about these 4 cylinder turbos again.

Scott

Bill Diehl 12-03-2015 10:32 AM

Cheating is cheating...period! Now, with that being said some people can read the book and interpret the rules different than others do.

Randall Klein 12-03-2015 11:28 AM

Cheating is cheating......

We chuckle at Jr Johnson, we admire Smokey Yunick, there are Wayne County deniers, gray areas, read-between-the-line advocates, sporadic tech, interpretations, creativity, easier to get forgiven than permission, and on and on....the human animal pushes to acheive for ego or money, so an absolute statement that cheating is cheating is to paint with a broad brush, what many admire in retrospect

Jeff Teuton 12-03-2015 03:31 PM

I always knew Randall was a philosopher. I admire your cars, cheating or not. That should sum it up.

Randall Klein 12-04-2015 10:13 AM

Geeez Jeff, I hope your punctuation was inadvertant!!!!

"I admire your cars, cheating or not"

"I admire your cars. Cheating or not, that sums it up."

BIG difference (ha!)

By the way, it now is car, the '57 has a new home.

Charlie Berner 12-07-2015 11:00 PM

Jon Jamison is the proud new owner of that 57. Very beautiful car. SS-MA car.