CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rules for SGMP race March 19 (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=78198)

BallastBox 12-30-2020 04:31 PM

Rules for SGMP race March 19

I do not have Facebook. Is their somewhere else where the rules will be published?

Dragrac419 12-30-2020 04:45 PM

Re: Rules for SGMP race March 19

Here are some FAQ that have been posted. From what I gather following all NHRA rules for Stock and Super Stock.

Q: Will Stock and Super Stock be separate in early rounds?
Yes, they will be separated until there is one car left in each class, then they will be combined and re-laddered off of reaction time.
Q: Will Stock and Super Stock run against one another?
Stock and Super Stock will run separately in the $20,000 to win races until there is one car left in each class. At that point, the two will be merged.
Q: Will there be heads-up racing if paired with the same class car in eliminations?
Yes, there will be heads-up racing in that instance.
Q: Is this race straight dial-in?
It is a dial-in race unless you are paired with someone else in the same class. Then that will be a heads-up round.
Q: Will the 64-Car Shootout be run during the day or at night, and will we have time to cool our cars for it?
The 64-Car Shootout will be run on Saturday. The daily run schedule has not yet been determined, but there will be time allotted for cooling down the cars. Barring unforeseen circumstances, we are aiming to complete all racing during daylight hours.
Q: Do you have plans to stream the event?
Yes! This event will be streamed by MotorManiaTV.com.

BallastBox 12-31-2020 12:14 PM

Is their a phone number that I can call, so that I can get more information.

jmcarter 12-31-2020 12:49 PM

Call Butner Auto Sales, they can give you more info or have Bo or Randi Lyn call you back.

BallastBox 12-31-2020 02:16 PM

Thank you I will call.

jamie2370 12-31-2020 06:54 PM

Should be fun, I just about have my 394" sbc short block ready. I am just going to put the correct heads, intake on it. With that much money on the line I wouldn't want to lose a heads up race

BallastBox 01-01-2021 02:11 PM

Bo Butner is not there till Monday. I was wanting to ask him, If a non NHRA member can race my class legal car. He has already won a million dollar race last year. Does anyone know If this will be allowed?

Eric Merryfield 01-01-2021 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallastBox (Post 630935)
Bo Butner is not there till Monday. I was wanting to ask him, If a non NHRA member can race my class legal car. He has already won a million dollar race last year. Does anyone know If this will be allowed?

Just have whomever it is join and get a stock and superstock # which comes with a membership. Problem solved. I'd be kind of surprised if all three of the nova wheeling top bulb class winners from 2020 didn't have a #.

Eric

BallastBox 01-02-2021 01:19 PM

Will it be quarter mile or eight mile?

JeremyDuncan 01-02-2021 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallastBox (Post 630965)
Will it be quarter mile or eight mile?

1/4 mile

ken robinson 01-02-2021 03:39 PM

What create motor sbc is a 394 ?

Bill Hawk 01-02-2021 04:09 PM

will the auto horsepower be effect on heads up runs ?

JeremyDuncan 01-02-2021 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Hawk (Post 630972)

Not an NHRA sanctioned race. So no

B Parker 01-02-2021 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Hawk (Post 630972)

You really can't go 1:20 under with that thing can you? BP

jamie2370 01-02-2021 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ken robinson (Post 630971)
What create motor sbc is a 394 ?

Thats what Im gonna use as a shortblock as my NHRA legal stocker engine(not IHRA crate motor), it has dish pistons with the correct number stamped on top(thats about all that's correct lol). I have some 993 heads I got from a dirt track racer, man do they flow!!! Still look "untouched" too. So without pulling a piston or CCing the heads, no one will ever know. Who wants to lose a heads up run with that much money on the line, especially considering no NHRA AHFS in place. Cam may be a little bit big also but not very many people know how to measure actual lobe lift sooo.......OH and I have a superstock 850cfm quadrajet so fueling that engine shouldn't be an issue.

If yall don't think this won't happen at this race you are crazy. It happens just about as bad under NHRA Tech. I love that they are putting on this race and I hope it goes over great. If I still have my car I will probably be there(it is VERY legal FYI)

Eric Merryfield 01-02-2021 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamie2370 (Post 630978)
Thats what Im gonna use as a shortblock as my NHRA legal stocker engine(not IHRA crate motor), it has dish pistons with the correct number stamped on top(thats about all that's correct lol). I have some 993 heads I got from a dirt track racer, man do they flow!!! Still look "untouched" too. So without pulling a piston or CCing the heads, no one will ever know. Who wants to lose a heads up run with that much money on the line, especially considering no NHRA AHFS in place. Cam may be a little bit big also but not very many people know how to measure actual lobe lift sooo.......OH and I have a superstock 850cfm quadrajet so fueling that engine shouldn't be an issue.

If yall don't think this won't happen at this race you are crazy. It happens just about as bad under NHRA Tech. I love that they are putting on this race and I hope it goes over great. If I still have my car I will probably be there(it is VERY legal FYI)

Quite funny, don't forget all the other bracket toys, the nitrous, the bump box, delay box if you can't hit the 3rd bulb, matty box(don't forget to tie down the front end), don't neglect yourself, a touch of ADHT medicine for sharpness, down track spotters, lazers from the stands for the opponents lane, if your going to "relax" the rules, might as well go all out......

Daran Summerton 01-03-2021 11:14 AM

I guess the question is will their be an official brought in for tear down?

Don Kennedy 01-03-2021 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daran Summerton (Post 631011)
I guess the question is will their be an official brought in for tear down?

Tech is very simple just aim a camera straight into the drivers side window and see when they release the button

Bill Hawk 01-03-2021 07:58 PM

Barry you know i can't go 120 under i don't own a chev LOL maybe I got a new motor for Christmas by the way happy new year hope see you at the track

BallastBox 01-03-2021 08:58 PM

Will this be an all run, or will it be the fastest 128?

e vassar 01-04-2021 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamie2370 (Post 630978)

I know James was having some fun here,but...it does raise a valid question. How can you have heads up without tear downs or inspections? OH yes..asking for a friend

Larry Hill 01-04-2021 08:12 AM

Isn’t there an app to check lobe lift on the Smart Phones?

MR DERBY CITY 01-04-2021 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e vassar (Post 631075)
I know James was having some fun here,but...it does raise a valid question. How can you have heads up without tear downs or inspections? OH yes..asking for a friend

Ugh, .....the same way NHRA does ......

Duane Eiskant II 01-04-2021 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B Parker (Post 630977)
You really can't go 1:20 under with that thing can you? BP

Yup-
Downhill with a running start 😂

BallastBox 01-04-2021 06:59 PM

With this much money on the line, you would think the racers from Div.1 and Div.3 will tow down.

Larry Hill 01-05-2021 08:05 AM

I would bet all divisions will be there.

BallastBox 01-05-2021 04:41 PM

Larry I hope you are correct. If this not a success, then I do not want to hear the complaints about the anemic purse we have had to settle for in the past.

Herbie Null 01-06-2021 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallastBox (Post 631172)
Larry I hope you are correct. If this not a success, then I do not want to hear the complaints about the anemic purse we have had to settle for in the past.

I can assure you D1 and D3 will make the tow, now if only a race like this was at Maple Grove or Norwalk the worry would be getting each race in with so many cars.

Eric Patton 01-06-2021 11:49 AM

will IHRA purestock cars be allowed

Bill Marshall 01-07-2021 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamie2370 (Post 630891)
Should be fun, I just about have my 394" sbc short block ready. I am just going to put the correct heads, intake on it. With that much money on the line I wouldn't want to lose a heads up race

Things like this if even made in jest will make guys think twice about traveling to an event like this . i really like the idea but there has to be some kind of policing to try and keep every one on the up and up. Just saying. IMHO

Larry Hill 01-07-2021 08:26 AM

With Jason, Bo, and Dave nothing will be done half way, including Tech.

Herbie Null 01-07-2021 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Hill (Post 631289)
With Jason, Bo, and Dave nothing will be done half way, including Tech.

Thinking the same thing Larry, I pretty sure Jason Line is more than qualified to preform tear down duties.

SDT1DYI 01-07-2021 01:50 PM

How about the winner of each race is torn down.
Hate to see no heads up runs but it does solve some concerns.
It sure would be nice to get some idea of car count if it's a qualified field of the fastest 128 for the three races.
Its a long tow from where I'm at.

Steve Teeter STK 620

Pistol Pete 01-07-2021 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDT1DYI (Post 631320)
It sure would be nice to get some idea of car count if it's a qualified field of the fastest 128 for the three races.

Steve Teeter STK 620

Page 1 says their will be heads up runs.

BallastBox 01-09-2021 07:21 PM

I talked to one of the promoters. Their will be heads up runs. Fuel checks if you have a heads up run. You will be weighed. The 64k race is sold out. He is very happy with the response. Their will be a lot giveaways, sponsor are contacting him. I hope this gets NHRA attention.

BallastBox 01-09-2021 07:31 PM

The number 1 qualifier will get enough to pay for the weekend. So I guess we will find out how fast some of these guys can go. He was contacted by one racer with a front wheel drive car. He said he will be the number 1 qualifier, time will tell.

B Parker 01-09-2021 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDT1DYI (Post 631320)

Steve Teeter STK 620

Steve a race with this kind of money involved I would be less concerned with mechanical tear downs and more concerned with electronic issues. At the Virginia divisional I was standing at the side of the starting line with a good friend of mine watching a round of stock. We both watched a fellow stocker throw HIS hand back when the first yellow light came on. Not sure why but my friend and I both questioned it. BP

Nmbr1GMfan 01-09-2021 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B Parker (Post 631539)
We both watched a fellow stocker throw HIS hand back when the first yellow light came on.

My kid used to do this in a Jr Dragster to get everyone talking LOL.

MR DERBY CITY 01-09-2021 09:59 PM

[QUOTE=BallastBox;631533He was contacted by one racer with a front wheel drive car. He said he will be the number 1 qualifier, time will tell.[/QUOTE]

My $$ is on Eddie Chin, if he chooses to make the long tow....

SDT1DYI 01-10-2021 11:07 AM

I'm sure it will be a great event for the Stock and SS guys. Sure hope Jason, Bo and Dave can put on a similar event out West. Phoenix in the spring would be great.
Good luck to all those attending!

Steve Teeter Stk SS 620