CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rules for SGMP race March 19 (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=78198)

e vassar 01-04-2021 01:37 AM

Re: Rules for SGMP race March 19

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamie2370 (Post 630978)
Thats what Im gonna use as a shortblock as my NHRA legal stocker engine(not IHRA crate motor), it has dish pistons with the correct number stamped on top(thats about all that's correct lol). I have some 993 heads I got from a dirt track racer, man do they flow!!! Still look "untouched" too. So without pulling a piston or CCing the heads, no one will ever know. Who wants to lose a heads up run with that much money on the line, especially considering no NHRA AHFS in place. Cam may be a little bit big also but not very many people know how to measure actual lobe lift sooo.......OH and I have a superstock 850cfm quadrajet so fueling that engine shouldn't be an issue.

If yall don't think this won't happen at this race you are crazy. It happens just about as bad under NHRA Tech. I love that they are putting on this race and I hope it goes over great. If I still have my car I will probably be there(it is VERY legal FYI)

I know James was having some fun here,but...it does raise a valid question. How can you have heads up without tear downs or inspections? OH yes..asking for a friend

Larry Hill 01-04-2021 08:12 AM

Isn’t there an app to check lobe lift on the Smart Phones?

MR DERBY CITY 01-04-2021 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e vassar (Post 631075)
I know James was having some fun here,but...it does raise a valid question. How can you have heads up without tear downs or inspections? OH yes..asking for a friend

Ugh, .....the same way NHRA does ......

Duane Eiskant II 01-04-2021 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B Parker (Post 630977)
You really can't go 1:20 under with that thing can you? BP

Yup-
Downhill with a running start 😂

BallastBox 01-04-2021 06:59 PM

With this much money on the line, you would think the racers from Div.1 and Div.3 will tow down.

Larry Hill 01-05-2021 08:05 AM

I would bet all divisions will be there.

BallastBox 01-05-2021 04:41 PM

Larry I hope you are correct. If this not a success, then I do not want to hear the complaints about the anemic purse we have had to settle for in the past.

Herbie Null 01-06-2021 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallastBox (Post 631172)
Larry I hope you are correct. If this not a success, then I do not want to hear the complaints about the anemic purse we have had to settle for in the past.

I can assure you D1 and D3 will make the tow, now if only a race like this was at Maple Grove or Norwalk the worry would be getting each race in with so many cars.

Eric Patton 01-06-2021 11:49 AM

will IHRA purestock cars be allowed

Bill Marshall 01-07-2021 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamie2370 (Post 630891)
Should be fun, I just about have my 394" sbc short block ready. I am just going to put the correct heads, intake on it. With that much money on the line I wouldn't want to lose a heads up race

Things like this if even made in jest will make guys think twice about traveling to an event like this . i really like the idea but there has to be some kind of policing to try and keep every one on the up and up. Just saying. IMHO