CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rules for SGMP race March 19 (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=78198)

ken robinson 01-02-2021 03:39 PM

Re: Rules for SGMP race March 19

What create motor sbc is a 394 ?

Bill Hawk 01-02-2021 04:09 PM

will the auto horsepower be effect on heads up runs ?

JeremyDuncan 01-02-2021 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Hawk (Post 630972)

Not an NHRA sanctioned race. So no

B Parker 01-02-2021 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Hawk (Post 630972)

You really can't go 1:20 under with that thing can you? BP

jamie2370 01-02-2021 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ken robinson (Post 630971)
What create motor sbc is a 394 ?

Thats what Im gonna use as a shortblock as my NHRA legal stocker engine(not IHRA crate motor), it has dish pistons with the correct number stamped on top(thats about all that's correct lol). I have some 993 heads I got from a dirt track racer, man do they flow!!! Still look "untouched" too. So without pulling a piston or CCing the heads, no one will ever know. Who wants to lose a heads up run with that much money on the line, especially considering no NHRA AHFS in place. Cam may be a little bit big also but not very many people know how to measure actual lobe lift sooo.......OH and I have a superstock 850cfm quadrajet so fueling that engine shouldn't be an issue.

If yall don't think this won't happen at this race you are crazy. It happens just about as bad under NHRA Tech. I love that they are putting on this race and I hope it goes over great. If I still have my car I will probably be there(it is VERY legal FYI)

Eric Merryfield 01-02-2021 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamie2370 (Post 630978)
Thats what Im gonna use as a shortblock as my NHRA legal stocker engine(not IHRA crate motor), it has dish pistons with the correct number stamped on top(thats about all that's correct lol). I have some 993 heads I got from a dirt track racer, man do they flow!!! Still look "untouched" too. So without pulling a piston or CCing the heads, no one will ever know. Who wants to lose a heads up run with that much money on the line, especially considering no NHRA AHFS in place. Cam may be a little bit big also but not very many people know how to measure actual lobe lift sooo.......OH and I have a superstock 850cfm quadrajet so fueling that engine shouldn't be an issue.

If yall don't think this won't happen at this race you are crazy. It happens just about as bad under NHRA Tech. I love that they are putting on this race and I hope it goes over great. If I still have my car I will probably be there(it is VERY legal FYI)

Quite funny, don't forget all the other bracket toys, the nitrous, the bump box, delay box if you can't hit the 3rd bulb, matty box(don't forget to tie down the front end), don't neglect yourself, a touch of ADHT medicine for sharpness, down track spotters, lazers from the stands for the opponents lane, if your going to "relax" the rules, might as well go all out......

Daran Summerton 01-03-2021 11:14 AM

I guess the question is will their be an official brought in for tear down?

Don Kennedy 01-03-2021 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daran Summerton (Post 631011)
I guess the question is will their be an official brought in for tear down?

Tech is very simple just aim a camera straight into the drivers side window and see when they release the button

Bill Hawk 01-03-2021 07:58 PM

Barry you know i can't go 120 under i don't own a chev LOL maybe I got a new motor for Christmas by the way happy new year hope see you at the track

BallastBox 01-03-2021 08:58 PM

Will this be an all run, or will it be the fastest 128?