CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Houston schedule (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=72766)

Dan Fletcher 04-13-2019 12:59 AM

Houston schedule

Thankfully I'm in Vegas, not Houston. I just went to check qualifying and can't help but to notice they had first round today. Friday. 3 day race. Anyone happen to know what the story is this time? I'm no math major, but I'm thinking that's 3 out of 5 for something that had virtually never happened in years past? If only Phoenix had just a little bigger window on Friday and Vegas wasn't 4 wide we could be batting 100...

fredjohnston 04-13-2019 10:08 AM

Re: Houston schedule

Take your entry fee money, herd you in like your a bunch of cattle to park and then starting getting rid of you as fast as they can.

nickh 04-13-2019 10:22 AM

Dan it sure what they did or what they were thinking. We have a good chance of heavy rain today and you know what that means for all the sportsman guys.

GSlaton 04-13-2019 01:02 PM

Dan the forecast called for 80 percent chance of rain all day so we ran one round yesterday and 2 more this morning. We had one slight delay about 9 AM and so far so good today. SS is down to 4 cars for Sunday.

Gary(Pete Peery’s crew)

Ed Wright 04-13-2019 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSlaton (Post 586799)
Dan the forecast called for 80 percent chance of rain all day so we ran one round yesterday and 2 more this morning. We had one slight delay about 9 AM and so far so good today. SS is down to 4 cars for Sunday.

Gary(Pete Peery’s crew)

Gary, is Pete still in?

GSlaton 04-13-2019 05:27 PM

Yeah we’re still in.

Gary

Brett C 04-13-2019 09:21 PM

Fletch,
Pending and persistent weather is the story line here. However, let it be known that Stock got sent back 3 times this weekend! Why?! Who knows!
It is still consistent with NHRA...total lack of consideration for their paying customer base! Which is us!
All the best!

Larry Hill 04-14-2019 08:43 AM

^^^^^^^ Have fun today

Andys dad 04-14-2019 09:28 AM

They did however make room for "Mountain Motor Pro Stock" by eliminating Pro Stock.

Weird if you ask me - but no body asked ...

Ron

Ed Wright 04-14-2019 09:39 AM

I'm with Ron. Knowellgable racers see no comparison, but know nothing fence hangers will likely think it's OK. I tried to watch those, back when I was trying to support IHRA. Like funny cars, both don't make it to the finish line nearly as often. Not nearly as refined as Pro Stock. Good chance NHRA won't have to pay them as much. Which was not enough.

Edit: I just read NHRA isn't paying their purse? They have a sponsor paying? That would explain it.