CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Stock final (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=74647)

Bob Shaw 11-03-2019 09:24 PM

Stock final

Winner had the worst red light, broke out and still won. I know it's the first red light rule but it just does not seem right to me.

Darrel Goheen 11-04-2019 01:37 AM

Re: Stock final

Actually you can't tell anything about the quicker car reaction time (with no delay box). Especially with over a second difference I'm sure Craig seen Chris go red and knew it didn't matter. I wonder if TruStart will be implemented in the future for national events.

btrc 11-04-2019 11:26 AM

I wish they would block off the green and red lights so you couldn't see what the opponent has. I find it kind of distracting.

Race Clean 11-04-2019 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Shaw (Post 600976)
Winner had the worst red light, broke out and still won. I know it's the first red light rule but it just does not seem right to me.

What has the fact that he broke out to do with anything?

4406mopar 11-04-2019 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darrel Goheen (Post 600987)
Actually you can't tell anything about the quicker car reaction time (with no delay box). Especially with over a second difference I'm sure Craig seen Chris go red and knew it didn't matter. I wonder if TruStart will be implemented in the future for national events.

You telling us you see the other side of the tree when you are at the starting line for a national event final round?

I must race differently then, I’m focused on my tree and nothing else.

Darrel Goheen 11-04-2019 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4406mopar (Post 601014)
You telling us you see the other side of the tree when you are at the starting line for a national event final round?

Yes I do see the other side of the tree.

Hacksaw 11-04-2019 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4406mopar (Post 601014)

Don't see how being in the final round is relative but if your opponent's tree is one second quicker then yours and he red lights, your going to see it and probably react differently.

HR9121 11-04-2019 04:46 PM

I leave first probably 90% of the time but the few times it's happened to me I have seen the red light more times than not but I'm not very good anyway so this might help explain some of it lol.
On another note I went bracket racing this past weekend at Galot and they use Trustart and I got the win 3rd round on Saturday when I was -.004 and my opponent was 40 something red so I liked it. Although it made me look a little foolish yesterday when I was -.009 and I was trying to tighten up the stripe and didn't realize I was red because my light was green when I left!

Bruce Noland 11-04-2019 06:57 PM

Quote:

How long you been racing Bob? Nothing will change and you've already started this crap before the season is over. Aren't you happy?

djm670 11-04-2019 08:54 PM

Quote:

Bob, I most often agree with you but not with regards to this issue. This has been the rule in stock racing for most of the years you and I raced. One of the disadvantages of having the slower car. And an advantage for the quicker one. Everyone knows it.

I doubt you would give a race back to the much quicker car if he spun badly leaving and because of that couldn't catch you..

Having run cars all over the spectrum, from Doolittles Comet to A and B stock automatics; know full well some of the advantages and disadvantages to either end. Personally, think F thru C classes are about optimum, as they don't often fry the tires and yet you are chasing most so the other guy can red light first and you can see him and the finish line as you approach it.

Congratulations Craig Maddox on your first stock Eliminator Win, wish you many more of them! You were driving super! And the car was super consistant! Proud of your accomplishments and loved your few minutes of interview fame.