CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   RIP Frank Grossi (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=73936)

Dan Fletcher 08-22-2019 10:20 AM

RIP Frank Grossi

Not really sure its my place, but I feel everyone in our community should be made aware that Frank Grossi passed away yesterday. Frank hadn't been physically too great for a while, but he had driven his car as recently as a year ago I believe.

Obviously many here know Frank a lot better than I do, but I did know him pretty well. Always a tough competitor on the track and always a fun conversation in the pits. Loved to hold a stack and had a great sense of humor.

One of my fondest memories of Frank would probably be when he beat me at Tucson one time with a .50 something RT (not .000 yet, still .500). Prior to that, I had always greeted him with something like "Fearless Francois" and a handshake. After that, it was always "Fearless F'ing Five 0 Francois", and we'd have a chuckle.

A really good guy. Prayers to his friends and family. This side up...

Mike Pearson 08-22-2019 10:30 AM

Re: RIP Frank Grossi

Sorry to hear. Just shows the age of a lot of the racers in our classes. Many of the greats passing. RIP Frank!!

Chuck Norton 08-22-2019 11:03 AM

Indeed, a sad day for the racing fraternity. Frank has always been a fierce competitor as well as a truly nice person. Heartfelt condolences to the entire Grossi family!

c

SSDiv6 08-22-2019 11:24 AM

My condolences and prayers to the Grossi family!

Joe Kohorst 08-22-2019 11:26 AM

It's hard to type when you have tears in your eyes and can't see the screen clearly. Frank was one of the nicest guys I've ever met, and I already miss him. He was always my toughest race as I always had to race him heads up. (same class). The record as I remember it is, 1 win (me), 49 wins (him). This side up...

Carguy49 08-22-2019 11:29 AM

R.I.P. Frank. May your family and MANY friends find comfort at this difficult time.

Gary Tackett 08-22-2019 11:58 AM

I’ve been very fortunate to race with quite a few different people and going to the races with Frank was as good as it gets.

I remember racing class with him in Vegas and we needed to move up and Frank was nowhere to be found. Finally located him over a couple of lanes showing someone the pictures of his dogs on his phone.

Frank was a great man and a fierce competitor and it was a pleasure to call him a friend!

My condolences to the Grossi family. R.I.P. Uncle Frank!

Pirate

Bob Mulry 08-22-2019 12:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Rest In Peace

One of the good ones...

Jeff Stout 08-22-2019 12:12 PM

My one and only Division win was against Frank in Sacramento in 1995. Frank asked me in the lanes to not be in a hurry as he needed time. Next thing I knew he was firing motor up and I just finished checking tire pressure. I rushed to get in car and get to water box. After I talked to him about not being in a hurry and we had a good laugh about it. RIP

Kevin McKenna 08-22-2019 12:46 PM

Very sad news. As other have noted, a very nice man and a heck of a racer.
For those who remember, he beat Rick Houser in the 1983 World Finals (last race at OCIR) for his only national event win. RIP