CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   .90 Heads Up Class Racing (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Looking for opinions on payouts! (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=13334)

H.A.A.C. Racing 10-06-2008 06:52 PM

Looking for opinions on payouts!

I lost in the 4th round @ Atco in S/ST. I did NOT even get my entry fee back! I always knew what the pay outs were, but I guess when it comes time to collect it, that's when it stings. I just have a hard time accepting that in a 63 car field, when you get down to 8 cars, you don't even get your entry money back....... Does this piss any one else off? Is there anything we could do about it? It's pretty sad that you have to runner up or win just to break even or win a litte bit of money.

Duane Dagostino 10-06-2008 07:22 PM

Re: Looking for opinions on payouts!

Based on the car count the gate for entries was over $96,000...and how many came alone?...the div. reps can only keep trying to get the round money in line !

Jason Oldfield 10-06-2008 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H.A.A.C. Racing (Post 85985)
I lost in the 4th round @ Atco in S/ST. I did NOT even get my entry fee back! I always knew what the pay outs were, but I guess when it comes time to collect it, that's when it stings. I just have a hard time accepting that in a 63 car field, when you get down to 8 cars, you don't even get your entry money back....... Does this piss any one else off? Is there anything we could do about it? It's pretty sad that you have to runner up or win just to break even or win a litte bit of money.

That's why the payouts are a joke. My introduction to this was 4 or 5 years ago when I got down to 4 cars at LVD. I think I went home with something like $350, which wasn't even close to covering my expenses for the weekend.

Basically, NHRA or IHRA, National Event or Division Event, if you don't finish 1st or 2nd, you're going home a loser in the finance department.

As a disclaimer, I'm not looking to MAKE money at this, but it would be nice when you have a good showing to at least come close to breaking even. I'm not sure where that line would be drawn, but having the semifinalists go home with at $800 - 1,000 seems reasonable (quarterfinalists with $400 - 500?)

mcaruso 10-06-2008 07:25 PM

I think we should have to run that race over:)

H.A.A.C. Racing 10-06-2008 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaruso (Post 85999)
I think we should have to run that race over:)

I know I would like to roll some more out of the timer and have 4th round over!

mcaruso 10-06-2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H.A.A.C. Racing (Post 86003)
I know I would like to roll some more out of the timer and have 4th round over!

exactly! ....you get my private message?

1752supgas 10-06-2008 07:47 PM

you are beating a dead horse there.

T Hall 10-06-2008 07:51 PM

Thats why I went back to bracket racing, cheaper entry, much better payouts. Same game.

Rich Biebel 10-06-2008 10:26 PM

In 2004... the same race at Atco...S/C semi's in a 100 car field paid $225 and the entry was about $150-$155. In 2005 a Win in S/C paid $1000 cash purse. Yesterday I went to Rd 3 in S/C and there were about 90 cars and was paid $100. In May at Maple Grove I wnt to rd 5...5 cars and got $225 or $250......If your in it for the money...forgetaboutit boys.....Anytime I get something back I am at least a little happy. The semi payout in 2004 really pissed me off at the time.....and I felt like throwing that money back at the girl that paid me...but I was still honked at losing the round!!!!! Plain and simple....anything less than a win is pretty much a disappoitment but listen that was a great race this past weekend.......I loved it as I have not been out there much.....Nice weather, good racing., lots of fun....Thanks for the beer Mark!!! I was good this weekend as that was the last one I had all weekend.......

Lynn Hoosigian 10-06-2008 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H.A.A.C. Racing (Post 85985)

I said the same thing when I got my check, Pete. Would think for 4th rd. min. of entry fee back. Not sure if it's every Div. or just ours. Send emails is all I can think of. Rock, is this in the realm of the committee?

We're going to do some bracket racing ourselves next year Tony. (How are you guys by the way?). How hard was it going back to the full tree? Last time I did it I messed up with throttle. Left with my foot 1/2 way down on pedal - Dumb A** that I was!!!!