CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   "Dime Rocket" alert! (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=49591)

Billy Nees 09-27-2013 06:13 PM

"Dime Rocket" alert!

I stumbled across a 75 FFFord LTD at my local Auto Recycling Center(what used to be called a junkyard) this afternoon. It's not a pretty car but it IS a nice car. No rot, really clean interior, no dents but lots of surface rust. An old man drove it in and left it because it popped a freeze plug and he was done spending money on it. It's got a 351M in it and at 230 HP I think it could be a really good "Dime Rocket". Look it up and decide for yourself. It would be a heavy bugger though. It makes Q,R,T and U depending on whether you call it an LTD or an LTD landau. In U, this puppy's gotta weigh 4770!!! but big carb, big cam, and big valves. The yard will hold it for a few days for me and I think that I can probably have it for a bit more than scrap. If interested, PM me and I'll check into it more.

Bob Pagano 09-27-2013 06:30 PM

Re: "Dime Rocket" alert!

I love all the dime cars you come up with ! My question is what were you doing STUMBLING around a junkyard ?

Joe Toller 09-27-2013 07:59 PM

I have sent more of these cars to their death in a demo derby than I care to recall...never thought to take one racing!

bob3240 09-28-2013 08:54 AM

Billy, how about a dime rocket car lot? You could sell them as is or turnkey! Go Billy! You could do it!

ss wannabee 09-28-2013 03:59 PM

I say go ahead if you want to try it...BTW...how are you doing with the other
"Rocket"...and are you taking it to the Dutch?

You got a trailer that will haul that "beast" safely?

Glenn Briglio 09-28-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob^3240 (Post 401997)
billy, how about a dime rocket car lot? You could sell them as is or turnkey! Go billy! You could do it!

lol

rick lester 09-29-2013 10:16 AM

I have been looking at mid 70s Torino/Montego combo for a few months. Now that Mr. Nees has put his approval on the motor, might have to find one, lighter than a LTD.

Jeff Lee 09-29-2013 12:34 PM

I've got a customer that has a yard full of cars. You may remember I posted a thread on the 427 S.O. he had in a boat. It was a time capsule 427/425 I arranged the buy for a friend of mine.
Old guy has several mid-70's (1974?) Ford LTD's or Torino's. All I know is they are complete and rust free Arizona cars. Probably at least $3000 give or take. If somebody is SERIOUS I can dig deeper. Cars are in AZ. If you don't realistically have the time or money to come and get them, please don't ask as I don't have time to crawl through his yard looking for ideas.