CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   looking for double adjustable rear shocks (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=68221)

pfordamx 11-14-2017 01:16 AM

looking for double adjustable rear shocks

I"m looking for some good double adjustable rear shocks. the car is a 69 amx, howerver going by a few sites it appears the rear shock setup is the same as early camaros and mustangs, the car has calvert monoleafs and bars. next year should weigh about 3100 and make around 670 hp and were using MT pro bracket radials i was originally thinking AFCO's but can't find the configuration i'm looking for might need to call but i wasn't sure if strange or qa1s where any good i've looked at Vikings was hoping to find a bit higher quaility than that though but i also can't afford santhuffs.

Myron Piatek 11-14-2017 08:10 AM

Re: looking for double adjustable rear shocks

Viking is owned by the original founder of QA1. They should be able to reconfigure the ends if you find a shock body with the proper extension/compression measurements.

pintojoe II 11-14-2017 07:47 PM

I can give you some solid input on this. Bought viking Crusders beginning for this year. Direct swap for my old Rancho 9000 off-road shock. After MANY pass on the viking with no success we swap back to the old Ranchos and went straight down Broadway. I tried all kind of adjustments (this way and That way) / video / phone calls. Never got them to work like the Rancho. I've been running car from over 28yrs so i know it pretty good. It makes more power then what you have. It's a true stock leaf spring suspension car no mono leafs. Jc Whitney stock multileaf with Assin Bars. I would either look else where or use Calverts singles

flash 11-14-2017 08:06 PM

got a set of new 21" strange double adjustable shock-aluminum 500.00,I pay shipping.no springs

Eddie McDow
254-749-8905

Ed Wright 11-14-2017 08:26 PM

Vic & Dewayne Custer put double adjustable Strange rear shocks on mine. Nice pieces, that work very well.

pfordamx 11-14-2017 11:16 PM

We have the calvert ranchos on the car but were having issue consistently hooking the probracket radials and thought a shock with more adjustment might help dial it in.

Dyno 11-15-2017 12:11 AM

Spend your money wisely, call Randy Mans at Fastshocks. 612-306-5387. He will help you out.

pintojoe II 11-15-2017 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pfordamx (Post 549802)
We have the calvert ranchos on the car but were having issue consistently hooking the probracket radials and thought a shock with more adjustment might help dial it in.

I'd look more at the fronts. What do you have for front shocks ?

Hacksaw 11-15-2017 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pintojoe II (Post 549840)
I'd look more at the fronts. What do you have for front shocks ?

I have to agree on this one. Put some effort in the front and the back will react.

HandOverFist 11-16-2017 12:48 AM

I concur as well...the only problem I have ever had stemmed from the front. None of our cars ever cared for what was on the rear.