CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   The lounge (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   A Day at the Races (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=40224)

SStockDart 04-14-2012 05:19 PM

A Day at the Races

This weekend is a National Open at Speedworld, northeast of Phoenix. Our new home is 10 miles away. Today is qualifying and tomorrow are eliminations. Donna and I got to the track at 9 after a "boring" 15 minute drive. Man, I hate those long drives. We teched in and made 1 Q run at about 10:15. Drained the water out of the Dart, locked it up and came home for lunch......another lengthy 15 minute drive. Took a nap and now watching golf on TV. Ho Hum.....When we lived in Texas, it was 420 miles to the closest NHRA track and about 8 hours. This could spoil me.....LOL

NewHemi 04-15-2012 10:43 PM

Re: A Day at the Races

15 minute drive.... I have to drive 15 minutes just to get to the expressway so I can drive a hour or hour and a half to race track......

That is pretty sweet! Enjoy it, Gary! And race safely!

David
The New Hemi Guy

Jeff Lee 04-15-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SStockDart (Post 321426)
This weekend is a National Open at Speedworld, northeast of Phoenix. Our new home is 10 miles away. Today is qualifying and tomorrow are eliminations. Donna and I got to the track at 9 after a "boring" 15 minute drive. Man, I hate those long drives. We teched in and made 1 Q run at about 10:15. Drained the water out of the Dart, locked it up and came home for lunch......another lengthy 15 minute drive. Took a nap and now watching golf on TV. Ho Hum.....When we lived in Texas, it was 420 miles to the closest NHRA track and about 8 hours. This could spoil me.....LOL

Excuse me, we live in the desert. Why are you draining your radiator? Was there a freeze warning I missed?

NewHemi 04-16-2012 02:02 AM

Maybe Gary is putting in the special high speed water that he has been saving for a special occasion..

Or, wait a minute.... now that I have thought about it, since you mentioned that it is the desert....I think I got it!

I guess you don't need to worry about someone stealing fuel, but you gotta protect that water in the desert... Now that is precious stuff..

I hope Gary drained it into locking containers... And then locked them up.

David
The New Hemi Guy

SStockDart 04-16-2012 04:33 PM

Busted...............yep, I wasted 2 gallons of water. Not to mention the water I wasted by leaving the garden hose on last night. I will make it up by only flushing the toilet once a week. That ought to make things square again.............LOL BTW, we use well water and I am glad. If we were using city water, our water bill would easily be over $100 a month. Now, we pay $40 for electricity.