CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   “Live” from Gainesville 2018 (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=69202)

Don Kennedy 03-06-2018 02:48 PM

Re: “Live” from Gainesville 2018

Quote:

Originally Posted by HR9121 (Post 557522)
Don the only issue with pits is if there is overflow it goes to the roadcourse track. It is quite a distance to staging from there. I heard the area of woods between the regular pits and the roadcourse were wetlands so might explain why they don't expand the pits.
Another tidbit for anyone traveling down, I have not confirmed this but was told if a driver is seen holding a cell phone in Florida by a policeman it is a $250 fine. This does not apply to the race track only public right away.😉
I plan to be down Thursday, hopefully there's still room to park!

Is the road from the road course dirt?

Mack Reeves 03-06-2018 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HR9121 (Post 557522)
Don the only issue with pits is if there is overflow it goes to the roadcourse track. It is quite a distance to staging from there. I heard the area of woods between the regular pits and the roadcourse were wetlands so might explain why they don't expand the pits.
Another tidbit for anyone traveling down, I have not confirmed this but was told if a driver is seen holding a cell phone in Florida by a policeman it is a $250 fine. This does not apply to the race track only public right away.😉
I plan to be down Thursday, hopefully there's still room to park!

"Cooter", I live in Florida and have never heard of that law.. I'm not saying it not there but I have never heard of it.. That being said if you are stopped for another violation and were on the phone non hands free they can write you for distracted driving.. That's my interpretation of the law... Hopefully we have a trooper or sheriff's dept. on here to clear this up... I will ask my wife tonight... She was a Dep..Sheriff for over 20 years. She will also know...

Nmbr1GMfan 03-06-2018 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Kennedy (Post 557532)

Last I knew, either way out of the road course to staging there were sections of dirt you traveled on.

Larry Hill 03-06-2018 05:57 PM

Are the cocktails poured yet?? We will be there shortly after leaving Belle Rose at 5:45 am!

James Perrone 03-06-2018 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Kennedy (Post 557532)

You don’t get pavement and Gainesville your a sportsman racer. Grass dirt gravel
If it rains mud and puddles no extra charge oh and Fire Ants also

Dan Bernay 03-06-2018 06:19 PM

Ya know what! Quit bitching about parking at the Gators, I'll change places with you any day, I'm up here in Conecticut waiting for 12 iches of snow!!😎😂

Mike Pearson 03-06-2018 06:27 PM

Actually the road course area is some nice pit area. The roads are paved in that area and the grass is real nice. Other than being so far to the staging and the gravel road through the woods its not bad. It is remote and you don't feel like you are part of the event parked way out there. As I remember the radio reception was not very good out there and I have never been able to figure out the text to staging thing.

Mark Yacavone 03-06-2018 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Bernay (Post 557549)
Ya know what! Quit bitching about parking at the Gators, I'll change places with you any day, I'm up here in Conecticut waiting for 12 iches of snow!!😎😂

I'm not. Why are you ???

HR9121 03-06-2018 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mack Reeves (Post 557533)
"Cooter", I live in Florida and have never heard of that law.. I'm not saying it not there but I have never heard of it.. That being said if you are stopped for another violation and were on the phone non hands free they can write you for distracted driving.. That's my interpretation of the law... Hopefully we have a trooper or sheriff's dept. on here to clear this up... I will ask my wife tonight... She was a Dep..Sheriff for over 20 years. She will also know...

Mack the person that told me said the law was just passed, I will investigate this later tonight.

Mack Reeves 03-06-2018 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HR9121 (Post 557555)
Mack the person that told me said the law was just passed, I will investigate this later tonight.

“Cooter” I just talked to my wife and she did a scan on the Florida DOT and there is no law in Florida against talking on a cell phone in your hand. The Florida House just passed a law against texting while driving but the Senate has not even voted on it. So she says you can talk all you want. Hope this clears it up. Mack