CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Jerico upgrade (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=76645)

Jim Hawkins 07-05-2020 03:53 PM

Jerico upgrade

Question for stick racers.
What would be the next best upgrade if replacing a jerico 4 speed for a super stock car. Although this trans has held up well I feel I may be at the limit as to what this trans can handle. Broke a shift finger and replaced that and they now have a brace which ties 1-2 and 3-4 together which so far so good. 3rd gear shows wear prob. from burnout.
Now have a slight twist and runout on the 18 spline input.
I imagine a higher spline count could help that.
Is G Force the next step or step all the way up to a $$Liberty?

Larry L. 07-05-2020 05:15 PM

Re: Jerico upgrade

I ran Jerico stuff for 18 years had 3 different transmissions in those years. But once the motor power went up they just couldn’t handle it. I went to a Liberty it’s been flawless and it’s the best shifting transmission I have ever shifted. I to had trouble with the jerico 18 spline input. But the 18 spline Liberty has worked without trouble.

Larry

Robbie Draughon 07-05-2020 05:19 PM

I got rid of my Jerico stuff in 2013. Went Liberty. Best trans I've ever ran. Never let me down after 100s of runs.

Ralph A Powell 07-05-2020 07:55 PM

Call Lenoard Long at G Force you won’t be sorry!

james schaechter 07-06-2020 05:33 AM

If you are going to go with an upgrade, go for a much stronger clutchless set up. Stay away from the split slider set ups.

Gforce makes a true clutchless trans, a gf2400 four speed. I am sure it is good.

Liberty equalizers are also a true clutchless and I have run one for several years.amd love it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Hawkins (Post 617906)
What would be the next best upgrade if replacing a jerico 4 speed for a super stock car. Although this trans has held up well I feel I may be at the limit as to what this trans can handle. Broke a shift finger and replaced that and they now have a brace which ties 1-2 and 3-4 together which so far so good. 3rd gear shows wear prob. from burnout.

Ernie Neal 07-06-2020 10:20 AM

Jim,

Liberty's clutchless is the way to go, we switched back in 2011, best move I ever made. My son in the Sunfire has had some issues with sliders with the 4 speed. I have only messed up 1 slider in the 5 speed.

Never broken any gears or twisted any shafts.

Ernie
SS 354

Jim Hawkins 07-06-2020 11:47 PM

Thanks, lots of good advice from guys who would know.

Ed Carpenter 07-07-2020 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Hawkins (Post 617906)

Liberty is the best trans on the planet period end of story. After I put one in my Chevy II all I could say is why didn’t I do this 10 years ago. Buy a Liberty and never look back!