CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   SS/A , SS/AA , SS/AH hemis , parked? (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=67430)

Frito 09-25-2017 06:24 PM

Re: SS/A , SS/AA , SS/AH hemis , parked?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemitime (Post 546040)
"Fast " Eddie Schartmans dart , never saw it again after Schartman sold it years ago ,anyone know its whereabouts ? Heard it was getting revamped years ago to resurface ,never saw it though.

The Dart is in Indiana. Probably never to run again.

Albert Lee 09-25-2017 08:24 PM

Doug Duell just bought the blue Sorcerer 'cuda.

Al Corda

hemitime 09-25-2017 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frito (Post 546076)
The Dart is in Indiana. Probably never to run again.

Is it in a private collection or on display somewhere ?Sounds like theres more of a story to this one Frito?

Steve Stasko 09-26-2017 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemitime (Post 546095)
Is it in a private collection or on display somewhere ?Sounds like theres more of a story to this one Frito?

Last I heard the owner had the car updated, but then fell ill. He's a little up there in age as well, not someone who is new to Hemi S/S cars either. Just out of it for a while.

Liteweight 09-26-2017 03:14 PM

Here's a couple more for you's

Real cars too!!!!!

George Baptiste BO29
John Friel LO23

liteweight

JPracing 09-27-2017 03:45 PM

I have bought Percy's car the Motech car. If all goes well I plan on being at Indy next year. I will have no chance but it's been 27 years since I have been there and saw these awesome cars go down the track!

hemitime 09-28-2017 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPracing (Post 546241)
I have bought Percy's car the Motech car. If all goes well I plan on being at Indy next year. I will have no chance but it's been 27 years since I have been there and saw these awesome cars go down the track!

Will be great to see it there ,lots of history with that one !

LO23 09-28-2017 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPracing (Post 546241)

I just saw some photos of your Motech Barracuda on the Thunder Valley Dragway Facebook page. Where are you from? I love your car! Is it a real BO29 car? Are you familiar with the Hairbender/Hairbender Too? Sorry for all of the questions, just excited I guess. I have an LO23 Hemi Dart, and am just getting it all finished up to take to Thunder Valley. Was hoping to have it done in time for this year, but the engine builder held me up a little. I did run my McLaren there a few weeks ago though, just for giggles. I am in Sioux Falls.

Frank Castros 09-28-2017 07:49 PM

Lydon & Johnson's Barracuda,

JPracing 09-28-2017 08:34 PM

The car is a body in white and John Tedder ran it and he worked for Chrysler as a instructor for Motech and I believe he was a engineer for them also. There are a lot of guys that know the entire history of the car. I think then Percy Johns then ran the car. I know the Hairbender car well as you know it is a uncut BO29 car I live by Wall Lake