CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   And the new normal begins (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=72460)

Dan Fletcher 03-12-2019 03:28 PM

And the new normal begins

My second national event of the year and first round is on Thursday once again. Class last week at the points meet and 1st round on Thursday at the national. Let that soak in...

Mbodnar 03-12-2019 04:01 PM

Re: And the new normal begins

you would think we would at least get 3 tts

Todd Hoven 03-12-2019 04:12 PM

The days of 3 TT at the non Indy races are a thing of the past. NHRA doesn't really want us at these races anymore. At least if you loose early you can be home sooner and not have it drug out.

Angelo DiTocco 03-12-2019 04:15 PM

Just saw that myself - all I can say is that's sad.

john ancona 03-12-2019 04:15 PM

[QUOTE=Dan Fletcher;584530]My second national event of the year and first round is on Thursday once again. Class last week at the points meet and 1st round on Thursday at the national. Let that soak in

If it wasn't for Wally Parks there might be no drag racing sport as we know it today,no hot rod hobby,and no industry serving it.He knew who made up the sport of drag racing.His vision included sportsman the same sportsman that have the first round on Thursday and class at the points meets along with the quota reduced at the national events.The word was that before Wally Parks passed he stated that the sportsman were to be included in NHRA events.I do not think he wanted what we are faced with today.

Pistol Pete 03-12-2019 04:33 PM

By no means am i sticking up for nhra but a few factors to take into consideration:
1. Their are 17 categories they have to run.
2. It’s the 50th Anniversary of the Gators
3. They have the “side show” going on with some of the Pro’s to race Toyota’s.
4. You never know with the weather down here.
5. On a good note: It looks like they’ll run 3 Rds. of Sportsman Eliminations on Sunday.

larrylomascolo 03-12-2019 07:59 PM

What the hec is next !W Parks is not resting in peace.

Not So Fast 03-12-2019 08:20 PM

The stated reason from NHRA for running Round 1 at Pomona was due to pending weather conditions. The stated reason from NHRA for running Round 1 at the Gatornationals is that it is the 50th running of the event and there are numerous "special" activities included in the schedule.

What will be the stated reason at the next 4-day national event...

Pistol Pete 03-12-2019 08:22 PM

On a side note:
Indy is the only other race that comes close to the Gatornationals as far as
how many categories they will run, which is 16.
4 remaining races have 14 categories and the remaining 16 races only
average out to 11.4 categories.
Just an observation.

Frank Castros 03-12-2019 08:41 PM

I stated the same thing about Pomona, first round on Thursday? What a bang for your buck.