CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Contingency money? (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=68595)

Ed Wright 12-30-2017 07:12 PM

Contingency money?

Been a long time since I've had any coming, but do many of you guys had to wait over two and a half months to receive all your contingency money from winning a points race? "Back in the day" I don't remember it taking this long. Had brown hair last time. LOL

Andys dad 12-30-2017 07:32 PM

Re: Contingency money?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Wright (Post 552742)
Been a long time since I've had any coming, but do many of you guys had to wait over two and a half months to receive all your contingency money from winning a points race? "Back in the day" I don't remember it taking this long. Had brown hair last time. LOL

I hate to say 3 - to 6 months is not unusual. the most common reason they will gives is "no 1099" on file - even when you know you have submitted it.

If you are diligent weekly or at least monthly they will pay.

Oh AND "don't spend it all in one place" - that was an attempt at humor

Ron

Ed Wright 12-30-2017 07:55 PM

I've faxed 1099s, some paid right away, waiting on only two checks right now. Sent them everything. Contingency request forms, a 1099, a picture of the car showing their decal, etc. Just waiting on springs and weather station checks right now. Paid about the same total to win a points race in the 1980s. Would buy more fuel and parts then. LOL

Thanks, Ed

Dave1695 12-30-2017 08:13 PM

I took runner up at an IHRA race this year, most companies paid quickly. The con rod company paid reluctantly (good faith) because my rods were more than three years old. Ignition company refused to pay because decal was too old, (guess spectators who buy there stuff can only read new decals)! And the carb company refused because mine was more than five years old. It's not expensive enough running in stock eliminator, now we need to dump useable parts for new stuff every couple years.

ron mattson 12-30-2017 09:30 PM

There are some stand up companies and
some that are not so much the good one's
seem to pay right away some you have to chase
a little. I will tell you though I have claimed on
a certain weather station company several
times with nothing but excuses.

Ed Wright 12-30-2017 09:33 PM

Last IHRA race I ran, I won a points race. Check never did clear. I would had almost none of the right parts & decals. Got what contingency paid both, only a couple iirc. The check from the track I finally threw away. There was only 8 SS cars, so the track payout was much less than advertised. Seems like the advertised was based maybe on 32 cars? When I called the track about the check I was told IHRA required their fee when they arrived. Very low car counts made the track lose a good amount of money. I felt sorry for the guy, and just tore it up. Never saw ten SS cars at one of their races. Tried to support them by racing with them. The SS cars were mostly guys that ran NHRA around here too. Good cars. Seems like that track closed.
After that one, I gave up and never ran another IHRA race. Expensive enough when we get paid.

Darrel Goheen 01-01-2018 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron mattson (Post 552753)
I will tell you though I have claimed on
a certain weather station company several
times with nothing but excuses.

Which one. We need to make sure we don't support them if they don't do what they say.

Rich Biebel 01-01-2018 10:12 AM

Waited 6 months for one last time. And from a company you would not expect.

Ed Wright 01-01-2018 10:49 AM

"Back in the day", when we ran "dual point distributors", win class at a National event, an ACCEL rep would be down by the scales. He would have you open the hood to see the distributor, had me pull the cap a couple of times (guess to verifybit still had their points in it), and pay you right there.

One asked me about the extra wires. I had a toggle switch the shifter would trip going into second gear. Retarding the timing 4 degrees. Timing retards when you turn the second set on.

He found me Sunday morning in the pits, and asked me more about it. Nice guy, we bench raced a while.
I had spent some time on my old (wasn't old then) Sun distributor machine moving one set, and screwing with the dwell, to get that down to four degrees. Two degrees on the distributor machine. Let one of my "speed secrets" out. :-) was not real long until Accel released a distributor set up for that. Was worth 5 hundredths on the little engine.

Lots of things we developed & did our selves back then. That was the Spring Nats at the old Dallas track. Had to run Buddy Ingersol with the first "professionally built" (Truppi & Kling) engine I had raced. Now, it's all the time. Most everybody just writes checks now. Ran Buddy first round of class, then Sonny Bryant & I in the class final. Got our 7" tires measured at the scales too. Only class winners got to run eliminations on Sunday.

Nmbr1GMfan 01-01-2018 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darrel Goheen (Post 552820)
Which one. We need to make sure we don't support them if they don't do what they say.

We need a list with payers and non payers of contingencies.