CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Live from Maple Grove - NHRA Auto - Plus Nationals (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=43598)

Jack Matyas 10-02-2012 01:52 PM

Live from Maple Grove - NHRA Auto - Plus Nationals

5 Attachment(s)
Good afternoon gang and welcome to the 28th edition of the NHRA Auto - Plus Nationals .I must admit we're not exactly live as I'm still packing .Rumor has it that we're to go in early tomorrow but because the ground might be soft we'll have to wait and see .If it keeps going like today it will be necessary to set fire to the rain or start building an ark .The weather for tomorrow is so-so but the rest of the week looks terrific .

When we came to the first "Keystone Nationals" in 1985 everyone wondered how it would go - as it turned out the racers - the track and even the NHRA were happy with the event - can you imagine that - everyone happy at the same time - it was a different world then .

I dug far into my archives and came up with a few momentos from that event ..........Stay tuned as this is to be a record breaking deal .........and the Stock - SuperStock action will be the best ever .

mat H/SA 10-02-2012 02:38 PM

Re: Live from Maple Grove - NHRA Auto - Plus Nationals

Leaving Canada tomorrow at 7 :) should be there around 3pm !

Jack Matyas 10-02-2012 02:46 PM

For those of you coming in on the Pennsylvania Turnpike westbound consider yourselves lucky as I told with the construction going on the traffic was so heavy this morning that many were parking at the Plymouth Meeting Mall and waiting it out ............

Bobby Fazio 10-02-2012 07:01 PM

Will they still be letting us park tomorrow morning? Are there lots of rigs in the field?

Mike Brogniez 10-02-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mat H/SA (Post 349828)
Leaving Canada tomorrow at 7 :) should be there around 3pm !

Bon voyage Mat, lots going on at this race around the late Bill Jenkins, some of his great cars and drivers (Lombardo & Lepone) will be there.
Hate to miss the action, but c'est la vie......
MB

Ron Infantino 10-02-2012 09:09 PM

I just got here at 9pm. They are parking rigs in the staging lanes. They are not parking anymore rigs in the field due to all the rain they had here today.

Ron Infantino
1049 G/SA

Dan Fletcher 10-03-2012 07:32 AM

Yep, after yesterday the weather looks great, just great...and I bet the grounds look neat as a pin, too...

http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day...+USPA1077:1:US

Jack Matyas 10-03-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Infantino (Post 349896)
I just got here at 9pm. They are parking rigs in the staging lanes. They are not parking anymore rigs in the field due to all the rain they had here today.

Ron Infantino
1049 G/SA

Good morning - Instead of talking about racing here we are talking once again about that ugly four letter word --- RAIN -- what was to be a extremely nice week turned once again - today it is to clear up after lunch time and be nice into Saturday -- that said --Saturday / Sunday at this moment are not looking too terrific .Lets keep our fingers crossed ..........later .

rognelson777 10-03-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Matyas (Post 349955)
Good morning - Instead of talking about racing here we are talking once again about that ugly four letter word --- RAIN -- what was to be a extremely nice week turned once again - today it is to clear up after lunch time and be nice into Saturday -- that said --Saturday / Sunday at this moment are not looking too terrific .Lets keep our fingers crossed ..........later .

jack,can you post when they start parking, we have not left yet and we can wait out the congestion as we are about 1 hour away.

Tony Curcio 10-03-2012 09:37 AM

I arrived at 8:45 AM, and was directed to gate 5, which is the one at the end of the shut down area on Kachel Rd. We are being staged on the paved pit roads now, as the staging lanes are full.
It is my understanding that the decision to begin parking has not been made. The tech crew expects an announcement around noon.
There is a little standing water on the low spots of the grassy knoll, but nothing like the saturation we've seen in the past.