CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   MOPAR BB 727 Trans Shield (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=73151)

Eric Voigt 05-24-2019 12:20 PM

MOPAR BB 727 Trans Shield

Looking to acquire a shield, what works best W/O modifying the floor? CSR?

How much modification is required to the trans to make it fit. I see where the recommend removing the casting tabs and I also found some reference to removing the shifter cable mount which bothers me.

Thanks in advance
Eric

Larry Hill 05-24-2019 01:47 PM

Re: MOPAR BB 727 Trans Shield

It was a lot of work to get mine fitted in an "E" body.

theman440 05-24-2019 02:56 PM

I have one in a '66 B-Body - all I had to do was cut off one of the ears on the bell housing like you mentioned.

John Dinkel 05-24-2019 04:43 PM

Have you thought about using a blanket? It's easier.

ss3011 05-25-2019 07:58 AM

On my 67 B body a CSR shield works great without modifying the tunnel . Do not cut the boss near the back of the case if you use a Turbo Action shifter because the cable bracket bolts to it . I do let the back of the engine droop down to allow easier access to the upper bellhousing bolts , have the shield in place while jacking the transmission into position .

Rb105 05-26-2019 08:37 PM

The csr shield is nice but on my 69 a-body with a big block we had to modify the tunnel slightly

340Cuda 05-27-2019 11:25 AM

Fit really depends on the car. It ranges from not having to do anything to replacing the tunnel.

Frank Bialas 05-28-2019 03:14 PM

70 B-body DISASTER!!! So I called them, they said the design was for dragsters and if I wanted to fit it in a vehicle with a body that the tunnel will need to be messaged, biggest issue was the hump on the top towards the rear and the strap and mounts. If you have a pro trans you will have to cut it and you will no longer be allowed to re-certify that piece according to the rep

Eric Voigt 05-28-2019 04:30 PM

I just called and talked with the "tech" line informed them my application was BB 69 B-Body. He informed me that I "might have to roll the body seam line at the floor" some to make it fit. Also, remove the casting tabs at the front as well and what ever I do NOT trim the shield in any manor as they will not "re-certify" the shield as any modification removes them from any liability.

They did state it was designed off a "dragster" application. Why not design around the tightest application first? Oh the joys.....

Rod Greene 05-28-2019 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Voigt (Post 589484)
I just called and talked with the "tech" line informed them my application was BB 69 B-Body. He informed me that I "might have to roll the body seam line at the floor" some to make it fit. Also, remove the casting tabs at the front as well and what ever I do NOT trim the shield in any manor as they will not "re-certify" the shield as any modification removes them from any liability.

They did state it was designed off a "dragster" application. Why not design around the tightest application first? Oh the joys.....

Ollie put a stick in it...............lol