CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Garage Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Who makes the best two post auto lift (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=35840)

Wade Mahaffey 09-05-2011 10:08 PM

Who makes the best two post auto lift

In the market for a good two post lift, any suggestions? Thanks

Wade Mahaffey

magnumv8 09-06-2011 09:05 PM

Re: Who makes the best two post auto lift

Wade....there are several, but you need to look at is the weight rating you think you need and the built in safety features....the unit we have at work is a nice one (sorry but I don't remember the brand, I will get it tomorrow)....all lifts have automatic manual locks while lifting, but ours also has a "hydraulic lock" that will not let the lift drop in case of any mechanical lock failure.....the one really nice feature that most lifts don't have that this one does is that if one side is ahead of the other while lifting (common with cable stretch) you can re-level it with the hydraulics while operating it....you don't need to adjust the cables manually....

D L Rambo.....

the lift in our shop is a "Mohawk".....

Rob Petrie E395 09-08-2011 03:49 PM

Untill the tornado I had 2 Atlas Pro V10 lifts in the shop. I got them from Greg Smith Equiptment in Indy. At $2,200 each I could not ask for a better lift. We can put everything from a smart car to a one ton dually pickup on them. We added the extended hight to one of them so we can put box vans up. When the storm hit they were all five years old or older and never had one problem with them. When the shop is rebuilt after the first of the year I am going to install the same lifts and one of thier four post lifts for the alignment machine.

Richard Epp 09-08-2011 06:22 PM

Had four different types over the years. We can't hurt the Mowhawk!

Dragsinger 07-17-2012 11:12 PM

We have 5 Rotary Brand lifts. All good lifts, work fine, no problems.

Keith 944 07-18-2012 09:07 AM

don't think they are the best so to say but i bought an atlas 10k x-tall and x-wide from Greg smith equipment. you can drive up here and pick it up in just a few hours drive. (only took 3 to get back from Mir) they have them in stock in Newark, DE. i paid 2500. this included a lift, hose reel, 2 lift supports, and a foot operated trans jack, had to haggle a bit but well worth it. also, before i purchased i watched some videos on the quality and ratings. this 10k is tested to 15k w/no issues. another brand failed before 10k. you can assemble this yourself, i did, on the floor. then you will just need about 6 guys to help lift into place.

jeff keyuk 10-24-2013 11:03 PM

Hi guys! New to the form! I purchase a Bendpak 2 post lift this summer . I love it! Also just purchase a new car toy! Looking forward to meeting some new friend at the races next summer also! cheers jeff!

Jim Whitehead 10-26-2013 10:51 PM

Wade you won't be sorry if you go with a Mohawk lift. They are not the cheapest on the market, but hands down they are the BEST. Jim

rtr0id 10-27-2013 08:39 AM

I've got a Mohawk A7

Fatman 10-01-2015 05:55 PM

In the past I've had Rotary, Benwill, Challenger. I like the Challenger , both 9000 lbs and 12,000 lbs. Rotary was ok, but the lock were troublesome. Benwill is pure junk. Just my experiences.