CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   E Shift Problems (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=72968)

Tom Meyer 05-05-2019 08:15 PM

E Shift Problems

Went out with my sons today at Marion SD. Having problems with the Eshift not shifting. It is a 200 trans with a Turbo Action unit. One time it worked next time it didn't. It did it on the 1 2 shift then the 2 3. The RPM is hook to the tach. Anyone. Thanks Tom

Dickens 05-05-2019 09:48 PM

Re: E Shift Problems

I will call you
Duane

Kenney Kelley 05-05-2019 11:19 PM

We had a shifting problem like that and the problem was we were a little low on Fluid. We added fluid and put the car on jack stands and ran the car thru the gears and that fixed the problem. I hope that will fix your problem also.
Kenney Kelley

Ed Wright 05-06-2019 03:00 PM

How much are you "leading" your shifts? Some computers, and some transmissions are slower than others. I have found very few set ups that will actually get the shifts in fewer than 400 RPM above the shift RPM you enter.

Often the RPM difference won't be the same for the 1-2 shift and 2-3 shift. RPMs climb much faster in low gear, than second, so we have to use more lead for the 1-2 shift. To shift a T350 at 7800, I have had to use 7300, then 7400, to get the shifts done @ 7800. Most I have delt with prefer the 1-2 shift to actually happen at a lower RPM than the 2-3 shift. Guessing everybody knew that last part. My stick cars always liked that lower 1-2 shifts RPM too.
I hope some of this helps.
A quart low on fluid will make mine do it too.
Rev limiters set too close to the shift RPM will cause that too.

Jeff Jewell 05-06-2019 04:43 PM

Check your grounds for the e-shift controller. Had similar problems a few years ago and it turned out the grounds just weren't good enough. Ended up running a heavy ground wire for the e-shift controller to the main chassis ground to correct the issue.

Hope this helps.

ss3011 05-06-2019 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Jewell (Post 588063)
Check your grounds for the e-shift controller. Had similar problems a few years ago and it turned out the grounds just weren't good enough. Ended up running a heavy ground wire for the e-shift controller to the main chassis ground to correct the issue.

Hope this helps.

Good point , may want to also run a ground directly to the transmission .

SSGN 05-09-2019 08:45 PM

Had a couple problems with solenoids over the years but I think they have changed to a different type.