CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Live from Reading, Pennsylvania - NHRA Keystone Nationals (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=59681)

Jack Matyas 09-27-2015 02:31 PM

Live from Reading, Pennsylvania - NHRA Keystone Nationals

9 Attachment(s)
Hello gang - After a hard day of testing and racing yesterday at Atco Raceway in New Jersey a great many teams headed over to Maple Grove Park to get into line for this weeks event .This years winner for the first in line was a surprise as I had my money bet on Bob and Penny Bender but the 'moose crew racing' gang were there first and my pick only made it to row two .By 9am this morning there were already three rows waiting to enter Wednesday .

After parking this morning I couldn't help but noticing how terrific the place looked - Lex Dudas ( VP at the Grove) and his crack staff have the place standing tall - you'd swear they are going to run the Derby here in a few days .If they gave an award for 'Best Appearing Track' the Grove would win hands down .OK, you got me as I'm a little biased because its my home track but it really does look fab.

Now lets talk about the weather - all last week they ( the weather people) said we'd have rain this coming week on Thursday and Friday but have now backed off and its to be 70's and Sunny ...........yippee bigtime ! ! ! Personally I think the Popes' visit has something to do with it .

For those of you wondering I've left ( gotta pay for this racing thing ) but I'll be back in a couple of days - maybe the boss will take over ( BTW, he beat me yesterday @ Atco in a double breakout deal- it was a made for TV race - two big wheelstands -old vs new - Ford vs Chevy- it had it all ) - hopefully he'll snap some pics .

Enjoy the pics .......

Bryan Worner 09-27-2015 06:36 PM

Re: Live from Reading, Pennsylvania - NHRA Keystone National

Jack, are you parked in the pits or the holding lot?

Jack Matyas 09-27-2015 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan Worner (Post 483484)
Jack, are you parked in the pits or the holding lot?

Pits ??? No way --- gate 4 holding lot -- no one gets in until Wednesday morning .

Bryan Worner 09-27-2015 08:04 PM

That's what I thought. Thanks. Had he parked you I was going to bring my stuff down tomorrow.

MOVEMAN 09-27-2015 09:29 PM

Yes the Pope is coming to M/G and the Mobile Vatican is already in line waiting for him! He said after all these slow moving processions, he can't wait to see some fast cars and wheelies! LOL

Bob Don 09-28-2015 08:52 AM

Jack - I think you may have spoken too soon about the dreaded R word. The latest forecasts aren't too good. See you Wednesday.

mat H/SA 09-28-2015 09:35 AM

Parking hours for wednesday are from 9 am to ???
leaving wednesday early morning

Bob Don 09-28-2015 10:20 AM

Mat - Parking 10 to 6. Tech 10:30 to 6.

http://www.nhra.net/2015/images//RP%20revision.pdf

mat H/SA 09-28-2015 10:39 AM

Thanks Bob !

Marc Wesler 09-28-2015 02:04 PM

A reminder for those of you in need of VP Racing Fuels this weekend. VP is available at many dealers and distributors close to you or close to Maple Grove Raceway. There will be a shipment of fuel delivered to the Morgantown NAPA Auto Parts on Wednesday for those of you in need.

Their information is: Morgantown NAPA Auto Parts
108 Mulberry Ct, Morgantown, PA 19543
(610) 286-0065