CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Great 60's site (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=46753)

Mark Yacavone 04-12-2013 03:24 PM

Great 60's site

I have seen this before, but I can't remember if it was here, so here it is again:

http://georgeklass.net/

Charlie A 04-12-2013 05:59 PM

Re: Great 60's site

Really great link.

I now feel about 105 years old!

Lot of history in those pics.

Jimbo17 04-12-2013 07:14 PM

I cannot think of a better time to be growing up then during the early 60's and heading to the drag strip every Sunday.

I will never forget the match races and the " Run what you Brung Style" of drag racing.

The photo's just bring back so many wonderful memories from those day's and yes it also makes me feel older but what a wonderful era to be growing up in.

I cannot thank you enough for posting the link and for reliving the memories one more time.

I really miss those day's very much.

Jimbo

Charlie A 04-12-2013 07:29 PM

Yep. Would not trade my time here with anyone else.

The 60's and 70's were.......... too cool!

Glenn Hayes 04-12-2013 11:35 PM

You are so right, I really enjoyed that one.

If anyone knows of some other sights like that one, please let me know.

ss wannabee 04-14-2013 01:12 AM

Thanks for mentioning...great site! Have to go back and look again...

That Allan Green Z-11 is still around...saw it in '98...Of course 'Ol Reliable and a few others...

Wow...Arnie Beswick...INDOORS! Wonder what they did for shut-off area?

Ken Adams 04-20-2013 04:24 PM

Great Memories..............Great Link! .....Wonderful to have experienced these early years, Seems like yesterday!

Thanks for posting this!

Carguy49 04-20-2013 04:51 PM

:D:D:D This is an awesome site. I have already spent 2 much?? time looking at all the cool photos. Lots of memories from the golden era of Drag Racing. The Allan Green Z-11 Impala, Hugh Tucker's roadster, Ohio George, Stone, Woods and Cook, Dick Landy in a Ford? and many, many more. Yes, the site has already been expanded. A section on Super Stocks, also Gassers and Street Roadsters, with more to come, I hope. Way more fun than looking at the newer stuff. What a trip down memory lane. Many thanks to George Klass for setting up this website.

geoklass 03-30-2016 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carguy49 (Post 378261)
:D:D:D This is an awesome site. I have already spent 2 much?? time looking at all the cool photos. Lots of memories from the golden era of Drag Racing. The Allan Green Z-11 Impala, Hugh Tucker's roadster, Ohio George, Stone, Woods and Cook, Dick Landy in a Ford? and many, many more. Yes, the site has already been expanded. A section on Super Stocks, also Gassers and Street Roadsters, with more to come, I hope. Way more fun than looking at the newer stuff. What a trip down memory lane. Many thanks to George Klass for setting up this website.

You are too kind...

Mark70Nova 10-29-2017 02:44 PM

Great site with sooo many cool photos! It brings back memories of when I was a kid and we had neighbors down the street that raced a Stock Eliminator of some kind. This was in the early sixties so my memory is a little fuzzy, but I remember the car was white and had "Jardine Headers" on the front fenders. I used to drool over that car and the guys said, "you can hang around and watch but,,,see this? (as he pointed to a front fender), this here is aluminum, Don't Touch it! I said ok, and was thrilled that I could stand right next to a real race car! This was a huge influence on a little kid.
I know this is a million to one chance but, we lived on W142nd street in Hawthorne California and I would love to find out who those guys were. They were so cool to let me hang around and get in the way. Does anybody have any idea who this might have been? I saw a picture of a white Mopar on George's site car number 777 that kind of rang a bell but I really have no idea.
Thanks for any info!!