CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   In search of Jerico Parts (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=70096)

Bob Mulry 06-05-2018 02:18 PM

In search of Jerico Parts

Hi,

Jerico has made a decision not to support the racers and stopped selling replacement parts to the racers who have spent thousands of dollars buying their transmissions....

I am looking, for an output shaft, which I used to call a main shaft, for a friend....

The transmission is a Jerico, wide gear, clutch assisted transmission...

You can post a reply here, PM me or give me a phone call at 650 922 0407......

I'll put you guys in touch...

My own belief is that this is not a racer friendly company....

Thanks and any help would be appreciated,
Bob

Tom keedle 06-07-2018 09:47 AM

Re: In search of Jerico Parts

i'll be watching this post, just picked up a jerico...

joe collins 06-07-2018 10:00 PM

jerico quit making top and bottom loader transmission

lorenr 06-07-2018 11:19 PM

This is one of those situations where I would call them.

Looks as though their original transmission design was replaced by a more durable one. Probably still have replacement parts for the older one though.

Never hurts to ask.

:confused:

Dinsdale 06-08-2018 12:04 AM

Jerico was sold awhile back and the new owners apparently have no interest in supplying parts for anything other than their latest version transmissions. Total BS way to run a business IMO and I have 2 DR-4's. Last I heard they had very little in the way of parts left for these.

I'd like to think they'd change their minds and support the all the racers who bought the product but I'm not holding my breath. Certainly won't be buying anything new from them.

killintime6968 06-08-2018 01:02 AM

I have been thinking of ordering a new transmission from Jerico but if they won't support their old transmissions what will happen if they update/change the current one. G-Force is looking better all time.

Bob Mulry 06-09-2018 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorenr (Post 564729)
This is one of those situations where I would call them.

Looks as though their original transmission design was replaced by a more durable one. Probably still have replacement parts for the older one though.

Never hurts to ask.

:confused:

Hi,

I guess that you didn't read my post..

Just go back and read the first sentence...

Bob

Ellis A Buth 06-11-2018 07:54 AM

I called jerico firday and ordered a gear for a very old drag trans .Very good service gear will be here this week.

Ellis A Buth 06-13-2018 11:53 AM

Gear arrived yesterday it was made in 1997 one of 3 left.

Rory McNeil 07-13-2018 12:20 AM

Bob Mulry, did you ever find a mainshaft? I am also in the market for a mainshaft for a clutch assist, wide gear Jerico DR4, if you were able to find more than one.