CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Anybody beat cancer? (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=66914)

SStockDart 07-17-2017 03:26 AM

Anybody beat cancer?

Hey, so many of us are getting of the age........Cancer is something that happens. It is not the end..it makes us realize what we have. I hope and pray that my racing friends recognize this.

Ps...I have cancer...... race on

David Lee 07-17-2017 03:47 AM

Re: Anybody beat cancer?

I am sorry to hear that Gary, I know quite a few people that have beat cancer and are living normal lives. Is there anything that we can do for you?

Dan Bernay 07-17-2017 06:56 AM

My best friend just best Stage 4 throat cancer, it can happen. With all due respect does this belong here

nhramnl 07-17-2017 08:05 AM

Actually, a lot of people beat cancer. As a matter of fact, everyone (well, almost everyone) does. The facts I've learned say that cancer is present in virtually everyone's body, from time to time. Abnormal cells grow and our body's immune system takes care of them (i.e. wipes them out). When a person "gets cancer" it is simply the result of either the abnormal cells growing too fast for the immune system to handle, or the immune system being in a weakened state, and being unable to handle the challenge. Every thing I've ever read about cancer says eat healthy, exercise and get lots of sleep. Get your immune system as strong as possible, and then choose a therapy that doesn't wipe YOU out. Cancer Centers of America has had some pretty good press; you might want to check their program out. Best of luck... after all, we're all in this together.

Eric Voigt 07-17-2017 08:45 AM

I have, twice. Takes will power, positive attitude and faith, lots of faith.

Todd Hoven 07-17-2017 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Bernay (Post 539580)
My best friend just best Stage 4 throat cancer, it can happen. With all due respect does this belong here

Did Kenny hire you as a moderator?

Kevin Panzino 07-17-2017 09:21 AM

I did. 1998. Chemo and radiation. Been AOk since.
In reality it was the best thing that ever happened to me.
Completely rearranges your perspective on life.

SSGT Mustang 07-17-2017 09:30 AM

The success of cancer treatment depends in large part on the type of cancer and disease stage.

I cannot emphasize enough that outcomes are often dependent on where a person gets treated. We have the benefit of some of the finest cancer centers in the world. Duke, Sloan Kettering, MD Anderson, Dana Farber, UCLA and UCSF are among the best. They are associated with cutting-edge technology, are well funded and are heavily involved in research.

While there are some very good local hospitals around the country, I would highly recommend seeking care at one of the above center or one of their affiliates.

If I can help in any way, please feel free to send me a private message.

TOM KASCH 07-17-2017 10:09 AM

I had prostate cancer in 2009 , choose to have 43 days of radiation,
just now having trouble with the after effects.
GET YOUR PSA checked every yr, it's a blood test and watch your score ,if it gets to 4.5 + and your Dr doesn't do a byapsy , look for a different Dr.

Todd Bailey 07-17-2017 10:10 AM

Exactly what Eric said. Positive attitude has a lot to do with it. Good luck.