CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Ordering from Comp Cams??? (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=86032)

goinbroke2 10-26-2023 05:41 PM

Ordering from Comp Cams???

Called Comp today to order cam/lifter/springs for the U/SA project. Got it all ordered and he says "Canada? we don't ship internationally".....umm...what??

So, for any Canadians on here, how are you getting parts out of the States??

sgasman 10-26-2023 06:23 PM

Re: Ordering from Comp Cams???

Quote:

Originally Posted by goinbroke2 (Post 687759)
Called Comp today to order cam/lifter/springs for the U/SA project. Got it all ordered and he says "Canada? we don't ship internationally".....umm...what??

So, for any Canadians on here, how are you getting parts out of the States??

Either get a US address or send to a buddy and ship from there. And Yes living in Canada sucks when it comes to this

MAURICE BLENDHEIM 10-26-2023 06:32 PM

Broke… I use Summit (Free Shipping to Canada), Competition Products(USPS) Ray Barton(UPS) or occasionally Jegs(FEDEX). Some vendors will ship US Postal Service and it arrives by our Canada Post, works well.
I live 10 minutes from the Border and have a US Mailing address that handles my larger freight, follow Tracking and go across and handle my Brokerage and that Lovely Tax.
Another thing Summit and Competition Products both will handle your Custom Requests (like Stocker Cams) I usually organize it with lets say Comp Cams, get a contact name and pass the order of to my Summit Rep and they make contact with the Comp guy, to get it done. I then will get a order confirmation from both Comp & Summit. Hope this helps… MB.

goinbroke2 10-26-2023 06:37 PM

Thanks guys, I'll call Jegs and see if they can order what I want. I have the cam# so in theory....

SSGN 10-27-2023 05:41 AM

I have had this lots lately. The paperwork for the shipper is a pain so they can't be bothered. This is the New Republic of Canada!

goinbroke2 10-28-2023 10:49 AM

After talking to Will at comp cams I called kegs but they are in the middle of inventory and can’t add this number. Either wait or go to a competitor.
So I called Summit and they can add my number to their inventory so it can be ordered, but it will take an hour or two, they’ll call me back.
That was Friday…. I’ll wait until Monday and try again.

All that comes down to, if you’re not in the US you have to order through someone else(unless you have a US P.O. Box)

J.R. Haddad 10-28-2023 11:22 PM

Broke, I live in Canada, and I have a PO Box at the border at a business that does this as a business. I'm sure there is one at your border. Once
my package arrives, I can either drive down and clear it through Customs myself, or the company will forward it to me( quite expensive). But if I'm
busy, then you pay. Must be a similar service at your border crossing.
Living in Canada and racing is hard enough, you have to have things set up to make your life easier. If you need more info, PM me your phone number
and I'll help you any way I can.

J.R.

goinbroke2 11-03-2023 09:18 AM

Thanks guys, I’m about 7-9hrs from the border (valley in NS). So I’ve talked to will at comp cams and a couple at summit so I’ll try and set it up between them.

Nothing is easy I guess🙄

Chipper Chapman 11-03-2023 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goinbroke2 (Post 688039)
Thanks guys, I’m about 7-9hrs from the border (valley in NS). So I’ve talked to will at comp cams and a couple at summit so I’ll try and set it up between them.

Nothing is easy I guess🙄

Bullet ships direct no friggin around, and in my experience has a better product!

goinbroke2 11-03-2023 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chipper Chapman (Post 688074)
Bullet ships direct no friggin around, and in my experience has a better product!

That may be true, but I have the cam card for the cam that set the record in U/SA and I need all the help I can get! LOL!!

Good to know though, it might end up that way. (or in the least it's another option)

Thanks, Chris!