CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   "factory stock" (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=69307)

l88427 03-19-2018 06:28 AM

"factory stock"

Just got back from Gainesville last night,havent been to a National Event for a while,let me tell ya I was impressed when these cars rolled out ,you could feel the excitement in the stands,everyone at the edge of their seats,they all have their own distinct exhaust note,COPOs Drag Pack,and that Quad cam Ford wails going down the track at 9000 plus RPM,200 foot long wheel stands,sideways,pedaling as they lose and gain traction, and you can tell what kind of cars they are from the stands,
NHRAs on to something here, hope it gains momentum,and yes I think it will eventually replace Pro Stock,the premier class back in the day,thanks to them for all the R&D through the years, but they have refined them to the point that they are now boring,look like swollen jelly beans from the stands and the intakes look like they would be better suited at the end of your driveway on a post as a mailbox with that huge throttle body to put the letters through ,put the carbs back on them!
Thanks to all the competitors for putting on a great show!!!

troublemaker427 03-19-2018 07:17 AM

Re: "factory stock"

Without a doubt my favorite class in NHRA drag racing today.

Andys dad 03-19-2018 10:12 AM

As long as they can find a few more millionaire Dodge owners - it will be a class of the future.

Ron

65signet 03-19-2018 02:30 PM

I am looking forward to seeing the class grow, maybe someday they will come to the west coast.:D

Superfan1 03-19-2018 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troublemaker427 (Post 558519)
without a doubt my favorite class in nhra drag racing today.

x2!

blkjack 03-19-2018 07:31 PM

Everybody's all happy and giddy....until one manufacturer starts to dominate.
....and as these cars evolve and start to become "boring" to some......the smiles will turn to frowns :(

Pete Lanciers 03-20-2018 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkjack (Post 558616)
Everybody's all happy and giddy....until one manufacturer starts to dominate.
....and as these cars evolve and start to become "boring" to some......the smiles will turn to frowns :(

I suspect as long as manufacturer bias is not allowed to creep in corrupting FSS class rules and evolution does not include altered DNA creating another "Funny Stock" I think we got a winner here!

Billy Nees 03-20-2018 09:25 AM

As long as they stick to the 9" tire format, they'll stay competitive and popular.

l88427 03-20-2018 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Nees (Post 558651)
As long as they stick to the 9" tire format, they'll stay competitive and popular.

Exactly!!

Mike Jones 03-20-2018 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Nees (Post 558651)

Billy,
What happens when they finish monkeying around under the hood?:)
Mike