CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Class at Gainesville (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=71934)

Brian Oakes 01-08-2019 09:14 PM

Class at Gainesville

I was informed today that Stock and SuperStock Class will be run on Friday of the Div. race. This is not posted anywhere, so pass the word.

Larry Hill 01-09-2019 09:19 AM

Re: Class at Gainesville

So showing up for class at the national event I will be a week late. Sad just really sad.

To post this message from my phone I had to tap the "Done" button.

X-TECH MAN 01-09-2019 09:48 AM

LOL........................

Charley Downing 01-09-2019 12:43 PM

The main reason this decision was made was to try and help all SS/STK racer that wanted to run class. NHRA knew going into this event they were going to have lower quotes for SS/STK and that it would more then likely take 5 plus grade points to enter. with the addition of S/ST and other on track 50th anniversary stuff going on Thursday-Sunday class would be hard to fit in and less car in each class because of the lower quota.
So instead of $hitting on the guys that wanted to go that had less the 5 grading points, this was a better alternative for both racers and NHRA. it gives everyone a chance to race class at Gainesville no matter what grade level you have. And lets be real for a min there are very few fans watching class on Friday morning during the gators. I bet there will be more people watching class at the baby gators then normal class eliminations
This change was made to help everyone not remove class from national events.

Larry not all of us are retired and can travel the would 25 weeks a year (LOL)

Billy Nees 01-09-2019 01:00 PM

Sooooooo, Charlie Bob, what you're saying is that NHRA is going to do us a favor and, out of the goodness of their heart, let any Racer that wants to run for a Gators Class Wally show up at the points meet and race for Class? If this is true, then I personally think that they should do this all of the time.
Soon we'll have no need what-so-ever to go to Natl. Events.

Charley Downing 01-09-2019 01:11 PM

You can billy, they have a sportsnationals every year.
Look nothing is perfect but give them a little credit I know of 75-100 guys that wanted to run class in Gainesville. At least 40 of them would have been out of luck.
This is the best way to help make 80% happy. Is it perfect no, but its better then them say sorry about your luck.

Billy Nees 01-09-2019 01:33 PM

Then why don't they make this the norn in the markets that will bare it? I still can't see the NHRA be so benevolent as to give out Class Trophies to Racers who aren't entered at the Natl. Event. I wouldn't be surprised to see "Gators Entrants" called to the lanes for Class Runoffs.
Charlie, the Sportsnationals are their own deal. It has little to do with what the Board-of-Directors considers a "National Event".

jmcarter 01-09-2019 01:39 PM

Still kinda of fuzzy until something official comes out but since I'll not have enough grade points for the Gators guess I'll just consider this an opportunity to run for a class trophy and if they park like they did last year I'll be pitting on the asphalt! Oh righty...see, glass half full.

Bruce Noland 01-09-2019 05:55 PM

As tight as nhra has become, I'm surprised they will allow anybody to run for class at the Div race.

Dragrac419 01-09-2019 06:05 PM

I spoke with Cody yesterday in the Div 2 office and this was not set in stone yet but that was the plan. I believe he said it would all be updated after this weekend. I did ask if anyone could run for class as this will be my first year in Stock eliminator and the answer was yes everyone can run.
The plan was two time shots on Thursday and class run off on Friday. Regular race on Saturday and Sunday.