CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Slow averages (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=67811)

4543 10-05-2017 09:15 AM

Slow averages

Is anyone else having trouble downloading the averages. On my iPad it will download A/S-G/SA and nothing else. Thanks, Mike McMahan 2543 H/SA

Steve Stickel 10-05-2017 10:01 AM

Re: Slow averages

its the I Pad. Its done this before with the earlier averages files. My I pad 4 loads to J/sa and stops....
Went to the Dell desktop PC and got the complete download immediately
Hope this helps.

PJ305 10-05-2017 10:16 AM

Why are they including runs that are slower than .35 under? The whole list is a mess!

Larry Hill 10-05-2017 10:37 AM

That's why it Slow Averages it has all Q and E data runs. To get the true averages throw out runs under .35 and then do the math.

PJ305 10-05-2017 10:49 AM

Thanks Larry, I knew you would know why! Now if they could only get all the correct HP !

btrc 10-05-2017 11:00 AM

Does this have all the national events and divisionals? Does it leave off Indy and the Sportsnationals as non- AHFS races?

Bob Mulry 10-05-2017 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Hill (Post 546880)
That's why it Slow Averages it has all Q and E data runs. To get the true averages throw out runs under .35 and then do the math.

Hi Larry,

If you take a good look at the sheet, you will notice that only the quickest qualifying pass is listed for each event and that all of the elimination runs for each event are listed.....

Just sayin'
Bob

GarysZ24 10-11-2017 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Mulry (Post 546887)
Hi Larry,

If you take a good look at the sheet, you will notice that only the quickest qualifying pass is listed for each event and that all of the elimination runs for each event are listed.....

Just sayin'
Bob

Hi Bob,

Just wondering if you or Larry might know why this is being done, or what's going to become of those averages going forward? I'm not really surprised that I'm the only DF/S racer in the country, but it's intriguing....

ALMACK 10-12-2017 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarysZ24 (Post 547486)
Hi Bob,

Just wondering if you or Larry might know why this is being done, or what's going to become of those averages going forward? I'm not really surprised that I'm the only DF/S racer in the country, but it's intriguing....

I like that NHRA is putting this info out there for all to see.
You can see what other combos are running.

In the past, we had to go looking thru Drag Race Central to try and find this info.

Larry Hill 10-12-2017 07:52 AM

Q Data is the time listed on the final qualifying sheet that was used to ladder the cars, it includes all legal runs during qualifying and first round of Class. First round of class is always a Q data run. Second round of class and all elimination runs go into the E data runs. Each race has only one Q data run, the fastest run made in qualifying. The E data runs for a race such as the Gainesville could be as high as 10. Getting to the finals of race would be 7 E data points and if you raced 4 rounds of class that would give you 3 more E data points.

I think NHRA is doing a good job keeping us all informed on the performance of all racers. I really liked the time when NHRA listed all Q and E data run by car number and name.