CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Tech Inspections / tear down 2018 (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=67667)

MEXJOE 09-21-2017 01:08 PM

Tech Inspections / tear down 2018

There's a rumor going round about Tech Inspections / tear down for 2018.
It sounds like MORE of them are going to happen in 2018,with some premier engine builders, from all over the country, to be over seeing / assisting things.
From what I gather.
This could be a good thing? or maybe just a rumor who knows?
Better bring some gaskets with just in case!
What have your heard?

kansas stocker 09-21-2017 07:13 PM

Re: Tech Inspections / tear down 2018

If I were a top engine builder I wouldn't want another of the same looking over my work. I don't think it will happen.
Pete

Keith 944 09-21-2017 10:24 PM

Why does nhra really care if you are cheating? What's in it for them except more $ spent to police things? Why do you think they got rid of so Many good people? More tech? I doubt it. Didn't they hire someone a few years back that was going to Crack down on electronics? Whatever happened with that? I would love to see a lot of this bogus stuff found and tossed. Bending and flat out breaking rules Has been going on since the start of our sport in all classes. I for one say bring it on!

Dwight Southerland 09-22-2017 07:45 AM

Without the integrity of enforcing legal participants, many racers would quit. High standards actually promote and increase participation. We have lost many good tech men because of age, but some I have talked to had also reached a breaking point on the fact that NHRA was NOT enforcing the rules to make sure cars were legal and undermining their work.

Mike Pearson 09-22-2017 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith 944 (Post 545729)
Why does nhra really care if you are cheating? What's in it for them except more $ spent to police things? Why do you think they got rid of so Many good people? More tech? I doubt it. Didn't they hire someone a few years back that was going to Crack down on electronics? Whatever happened with that? I would love to see a lot of this bogus stuff found and tossed. Bending and flat out breaking rules Has been going on since the start of our sport in all classes. I for one say bring it on!

They still have the protest policy. If you suspect someone is illegal then you can put up the cash to have them torn down. Personally I don't think cheating is rampant in our classes. Maybe a few minor issues that don't effect performance might be found but I doubt you will find someone with the wrong engine, delay box or some major offense like that. I can't remember the last time someone was torn down and thrown out in the past 2-3 years.

kansas stocker 09-22-2017 09:30 AM

Let me make it clear that I am in favor of more and better tear downs. When a record is set or the automatic hp factor is hit a tear down should follow. Win your class at Indy and you should be torn down and running in the eliminator bracket. I just don't think that an engine builder wants the competition checking valve angles, honing patterns, etc.. Put people like Travis in charge, turn them loose, and back them up.
Pete

Nmbr1GMfan 09-22-2017 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kansas stocker (Post 545751)
Let me make it clear that I am in favor of more and better tear downs. When a record is set or the automatic hp factor is hit a tear down should follow. Win your class at Indy and you should be torn down and running in the eliminator bracket. I just don't think that an engine builder wants the competition checking valve angles, honing patterns, etc.. Put people like Travis in charge, turn them loose, and back them up.
Pete

When I buy an engine, it's my engine, if I decide to take it some where else to freshen or whatever I choose then it gets looked over anyway.

kansas stocker 09-22-2017 03:34 PM

Taking it to someone you choose is a lot different than having your competitors look at it. But that's just me.

Billy Nees 09-22-2017 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nmbr1GMfan (Post 545755)
When I buy an engine, it's my engine, if I decide to take it some where else to freshen or whatever I choose then it gets looked over anyway.

That's just why most Pro Stock engines are leased!

Nmbr1GMfan 09-22-2017 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kansas stocker (Post 545763)
Taking it to someone you choose is a lot different than having your competitors look at it. But that's just me.

Understood.