CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Carolina Class Racers Association (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   CCRA Race #4--Piedmont Dragway (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=42643)

Tabitha Draughon 08-21-2012 03:45 PM

CCRA Race #4--Piedmont Dragway

Just a quick reminder that CCRA race #4 is being held at Piedmont Dragway on Saturday, September 8th. This race is being sponsored by Ace Rug Cleaning of Louisburg, NC owned by Mr. Jim Reynolds!!! This will be our 2nd stop of the year at Piedmont Dragway. I just spoke with Kevin and the schedule is as follows: Gates open 3 p.m., 1st time run 4:30 p.m., 2nd time run (Dash for Cash) 5:30 p.m., & race starts around 7 p.m. We have had quite a bit of a break from the CCRA series so I look forward to seeing everyone on this date!!!

Jeffl52 09-06-2012 01:26 PM

Re: CCRA Race #4--Piedmont Dragway

Weather sure looks better for Sunday is there a chance this race could be ran on Sunday. Or does Piedmont already have somethiong scheduled

Tabitha Draughon 09-06-2012 04:14 PM

Jeff, I sent Kevin an email earlier about this weekend & he responded & said that he would get back to me later. Today/tonight is Big Dog at Piedmont so I'm sure that is where his primary focus is. I will post here just as soon as I get more information from him.

SCOTT TILLEY 09-07-2012 03:15 AM

Thanks Tabitha. I've had a couple of calls tonight from racers. I sent Kevin an email as well. We will post as soon as we find out. Thanks for everyone's support.
Scott Tilley

SCOTT TILLEY 09-07-2012 08:43 AM

Just got a reply from Kevin, the rain date is set for September 30. I'll let you know if anything changes.

Scott Tilley

jim reynolds 09-08-2012 08:21 AM

Scott, weather just looks too iffy for us to make it. Not crazy about getting caught in a hailstorm nor a 75% heavy thunderstorm this afternoon, toooo much money in body/paintwork. Hope car count is good if y'all get it in. Hope to see you at next one!

Tracy Robbins 09-08-2012 08:30 AM

I'm w/ Jim on this one. I finally have my car together and loaded but just not crazy about going w/ the strong possibilities of severe thunderstorms. It's a shame we couldn't run it tomorrow as it looks like a beautiful forecast and nowhere to race.

SCOTT TILLEY 09-08-2012 09:31 AM

I just got off the phone with Kevin. We are going to cancell the race today. I'm going to get back with him later today, once he gets to the track to set a new date. Unfortunately, we can't run it tomorrow. I will post later today once we set the date.

Thanks
Scott Tilley

Tabitha Draughon 09-08-2012 09:44 AM

We are with all of you about wanting to run the race tomorrow but Kevin does not have enough staff to run the event tomorrow. Like Scott stated, we are looking at a few different dates and just as soon as we have it, one of us will get it posted. Thanks for your understanding and continued support!!!

Larry Hill 09-08-2012 10:35 AM

Hey guys! We were coming over to race with you today, but looks like we are out of luck! We are in Wytheville, VA now on our way for the 640 mile trip. We are on our way to Charlotte for the race next week, so thought we would race the combo with you tonight. I guess we will find a Walmart or somewhere to park down that way until Monday. Maybe see you in Charlotte next week??