CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Lane Choice (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=70881)

Dyno 09-03-2018 06:38 PM

Lane Choice

There seems to be some confusion among some of the Stock and Superstock racers concerning "Lane Choice". Back in the days before NHRA came up with the ladder for class eliminations, all sort of cards, straws and all out arguing was used to determine who ran who. The issue today seems who gets to pick the lane they will run in. I have seen old and new racers use the "I qualified higher, so I get to choose the lane". I ran into this again at Indy and talking to other racers, it has occurred to them also. So to set this straight, in the 2018 NHRA Rulebook, under Race Procedures, Section 2, page 7. it states "competing drivers are to determine lane choice by a coin flip or a random-draw lane assignment". Fellow low qualifiers, do not get bullied out of your chance for lane choice. Your follow up comments are welcome. Dyno

MR DERBY CITY 09-03-2018 06:50 PM

Re: Lane Choice

My competitors are always eager to flip a coin or just tell me to take any lane. Strangely, I have never been bullied into accepting a certain lane. I eagerly look forward to that day....

The Hawk 09-03-2018 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY (Post 571746)
My competitors are always eager to flip a coin or just tell me to take any lane. Strangely, I have never been bullied into accepting a certain lane. I eagerly look forward to that day....

Same here.

David Lee 09-03-2018 07:23 PM

i like a coin flip or paper scissors rock

Mike Mans 09-03-2018 07:47 PM

If you want to have auto lane choice by qualifying higher or running further under the index - Comp, Top Dragster and Top Sportsman are the classes for you. If you're still in any other sportsman class - better keep a quarter in your pocket!

Bob Lasko 09-03-2018 07:50 PM

I am one of the OLDER racers and it has always be a coin flip for lanes.

Bob Lasko

gsa612 09-03-2018 08:28 PM

Back in the 90's I would always have a Canadian one dollar coin to flip,we call it a loonie...lol.It looks like a gold coin.When I was down further south and when we flipped,a couple of times I was offered more than it's worth (about 5 bucks).I told them it was a dollar coin but they had to have it.Should have brought more,(not that I went that many rounds to make it profitable)...lol.But to answer the question coin toss for lane choice. gsa612

Spyphish 09-04-2018 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dyno (Post 571740)
the 2018 NHRA Rulebook, under Race Procedures, Section 2, page 7. it states "competing drivers are to determine lane choice by a coin flip or a random-draw lane assignment unless you are from Pennsylvania". Your follow up comments are welcome. Dyno

LOL

Larry Hill 09-04-2018 07:13 AM

I always want to have a coin flip for lane choice. That way there is no problem if if some one wants to change lanes before pulling into the water box.

It's a rule: flip for lanes

Bobby DiDomenico 09-04-2018 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Hill (Post 571805)
I always want to have a coin flip for lane choice. That way there is no problem if if some one wants to change lanes before pulling into the water box.

It's a rule: flip for lanes

Larry,
I always thought folks just asked what lane you were taking, I mean who's arguing with a guy that casts a shadow over them?! ;-)

Have witnessed a few somewhat heated discussions over the years...