CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Events (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Carolina Class Racers Association (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=14353)

herbjr 11-25-2008 08:19 PM

Carolina Class Racers Association

Attn Racers, Tracy Robbins and myself have talked at lengths about the Stock Super Stock Series in the Carolinas and I have decided to do something that was done years ago it was just called SCRA back then. We are forming the Carolina Class Racers Assoc. to help promote class racing in the State of NC. We are not looking for any membership dues fees or any other BS just an orgianization that can do what is best to support class racing. We will have a 10 race schedule for 2009 with a racers claiming 6 of the possible 10 races. If you would like to be a part of the CCRA please respond with your ideas as we are here to listen. We will have a lunch in January at The Cutting Board in Burlington NC on a Saturday at noon. Not sure on the date as of yet as I wll get back to you on that. It will be RSVP. I hope this is good news to most as we have a few sponsors lined up for a points fund and are looking for more.

Herb McCandless Jr
piedmontdragway@yahoo.com
herb@piedmontdragway.com

BPotts 11-25-2008 08:52 PM

Re: Carolina Class Racers Association

That sounds great Herb! I think the Association needs to pick a rule book and stick with it. Not just as they see fit as some organizations do.

herbjr 11-25-2008 08:55 PM

When you say pick a rule book I'm not sure I understand. We have run quite a few combos with no problem. There are no heads up runs so you can your IHRA or NHRA combo.

Herb Jr

Angela Macy 11-25-2008 08:59 PM

Sounds like a great idea - definately don't charge a fee, get some jazzy decals, create a myspace page and an email list - maybe some kind of emailed news letter every so often....basically doing all this creates a network if you will, and you can better get the word out about your races. All the stuff you've probably already came up with :D

herbjr 11-25-2008 09:26 PM

Actually I was going to nominate you for all of the above.

Herb Jr

danny waters sr 11-25-2008 09:39 PM

Herb, If you need me for anything (I think) just let me know .I would like to race in this also if possible .That would also include Jr. This looks to be a great idea . Count me in .

danny waters sr 11-25-2008 09:40 PM

I forgot . I have IHRA classification books also .

Tracy Robbins 11-25-2008 09:58 PM

This idea has been thrown around for the last couple of years as we sit around during rain delays at national and divisional races. Now it's time to see if everyone that talks about it is willing to participate...please give us ideas and let us know if you all think it is something that would help keep class racing in this region alive and well.

Donnie Moore Jr. 11-25-2008 10:04 PM

Count me in...Hey are we running these as combos or stock class and super stock class .. just an idea

X-TECH MAN 11-25-2008 10:11 PM

We need more track operators like Herb Jr. all over the USA (and Canada).