CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Class Racer Builds (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   AA/sa to AA/s (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=69444)

Kenny Bomar 03-31-2018 10:31 PM

AA/sa to AA/s

Well I'm going back to " more fun racing" banging them gears!! I get my new G Force 4 speed Monday I hope to have it all in sync by the SportsNats. Looking forward to rowing down the track!!

TOSTO RACING 04-01-2018 07:16 AM

Re: AA/sa to AA/s

Cool! I'm converting my 69 Camaro 427 also to AA/S .

Dwight Southerland 04-01-2018 08:35 AM

:D;):) You guys have got it!!

Nmbr1GMfan 04-01-2018 12:53 PM

Really is the fun way to go.

Ed Carpenter 04-01-2018 08:14 PM

The only way to go!

Joe Martens 04-01-2018 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny Bomar (Post 559615)
Well I'm going back to " more fun racing" banging them gears!! I get my new G Force 4 speed Monday I hope to have it all in sync by the SportsNats. Looking forward to rowing down the track!!

Great choice on the G Force! You will love it!

Kenny Bomar 04-03-2018 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Martens (Post 559670)
Great choice on the G Force! You will love it!

Hidy joe any particulars I need to know about the g force I ran a jerico for 8 years broke the main shaft once but other than that ok . Most tell me the g force is better ? Doing good for u I guess?

Joe Martens 04-03-2018 11:35 AM

Kenny, make sure you check your end play so that your input shaft is not bottoming out against the pilot bearing. The splines are longer on the G Force and could cause a problem. The cure is to just run a spacer between the block and bellhousing. Also, depending on which Jerico you ran, their common length transmission is 2 inches longer than a G Force, although they make a shorter version which would be the same as a G Force. Other than that you should be good to go!
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Kenny Bomar 04-04-2018 12:12 AM

Thanks joe I'm using the McLeod bell housing it is really nice I heard u had to space the QuickTime bellhousings because they are made too shallow I used a Lakewood w the jerico, I haven't started assembling yet I hope my drive shaft is right. Btw how hard do u have to pull the stick w the G force? I've had some tendinitis in my right arm lately but it is better. Like a friend of mine said "getting old and living for Jesus isn't for wimps!" I'll b 70 this year and I'm thankful I can still get out there and play!

Joe Martens 04-04-2018 11:55 AM

Kenny, call me when you get a chance. 440-897-9769.