CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Indy Class ...Enhanced ! (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=70678)

JThomas 08-14-2018 06:38 AM

Re: Indy Class ...Enhanced !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Hill (Post 569754)
How do you get the former world champs to staging in a timely manor for class?

Very simple. Stock to the lanes. The lanes will close at 9:07(or whatever). Anyone that gets there after that is sent back to the pits.
After a few racers miss their runs the problem will be solved. It is ridiculous watching Stock and SS dribbling into the lanes holding up the whole event. I am surprised NHRA has put up with it this long.

thomas sheehan 08-14-2018 07:11 AM

It's easy (it worked just fine for years until a few fast cars got upset in round 1 of class)

#1... get rid of laddered fields for class... (worst change in class racing ever)
#2... bring back AFHS for this race
#3... pre-plan class order... "post an order" and run without someone who is not there when it is their turn
#4... As Mike said, chillers ok (no golf carts)
#5... Need staging officials that know the class racers
#6... get rid of laddered fields for class... (worst change in class racing ever)

Larry Hill 08-14-2018 07:22 AM

How about the SRAC addressing the issue.

I like the ladder for class, the top qualifier is in line for the first bye if they can get to it. It takes away all confusion of who is paired up.

X-TECH MAN 08-14-2018 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Hill (Post 569754)
How do you get the former world champs to staging in a timely manor for class?

Run without them !

BRINK 08-14-2018 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett C (Post 569768)
There needs to be a time clock. Example...first call says you have 15 minutes to be in lanes; second call 10 minutes; last call 5 minutes. If you're not there and paired up you go back to the trailer, no exceptions, excuses, reasons, or other wise. Again....EXAMPLE....I'm sure there is a better way?

Amen Brett !! And God Bless America to you.

Rick Schilling 08-14-2018 12:07 PM

Quote:

There needs to be a time clock. Example...first call says you have 15 minutes to be in lanes; second call 10 minutes; last call 5 minutes. If you're not there and paired up you go back to the trailer, no exceptions, excuses, reasons, or other wise. Again....EXAMPLE....I'm sure there is a better way?

Many years ago at the local track (IRP at the time) when stock and super stock was run every weekend they did just that. In fact they would close off the rear of the lanes with saw horses and trust me, you didn't want to let Marty Barrett catch you trying to sneak past them!

Bobby DiDomenico 08-14-2018 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Perrone (Post 569728)
Because there’s a traffic jam with 180 cars.
Good luck with pairing. There is No. REDMAN.

Was at Indy many years ago and two SS/AH cars were stuck in 8.90 dragster traffic and the NHRA official came down and sent them back even though we could see them from the stands. IIRC even the big guy from down south couldn't get them to realize the issue. I like the time limits and groupings, also need to make sure the "roads" aren't blocked.

Best thing to get spectators to watch qualifying? Run cars off of the index rather than current both green according to friends we bring. Nothing kills them more than sitting in the sun watching 2 cars cross the finish line 6 seconds apart. (Would also make sandbagging at the 1000' mark more visible for the casual, aka "Fuel car", fan)

Mike Jones 08-14-2018 02:26 PM

From Bob D:

best thing to get spectators to watch qualifying? Run cars off of the index rather than current both green according to friends we bring. Nothing kills them more than sitting in the sun watching 2 cars cross the finish line 6 seconds apart. (would also make sandbagging at the 1000' mark more visible for the casual, aka "fuel car", fan)

X100

Jim Bailey 08-14-2018 03:48 PM

As always, there's lots of problems, I was simply commenting that it would be much more fun to watch class if the classes ran as classes, not as different class pairs.... My idea was this : #1 - You call the cars to lanes by class. #2 - You use every other staging lane. EXAMPLE : "All A/SA cars to lane #1." All B/SA cars to lane #3". "ALL C/SA cars to lane #5 ..and so on. The cars line up bumper to bumper leaving enough room to pull out between them... As all the A/SA cars are paired in lane #1 they pull into lane #2. Likewise all the paired B/SA cars pull into lane #4. Continuing on through all the classes. Here's the kicker - When the lane of paired cars is empty, that round of class is over. (I wonder if anybody will hold back?) I think this would work pretty smooth. With Texting, PA Systems, Officials on pit bikes, and the fact that most guys pit with like class buddies, I don't think communication is a problem even at Indy. Might even stop the traffic jams at the entrance to the lanes. Just my .02.

Superfan1 08-14-2018 03:58 PM

Quote:

Great idea Brett.