CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   has any class winners at indy got check yet (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=74161)

Don Kennedy 09-11-2019 10:31 PM

has any class winners at indy got check yet

Just checking heck i don't even know if i will get anything.lol what was the amount anyway

Charley Downing 09-11-2019 10:46 PM

Re: has any class winners at indy got check yet

Don those checks will not show up for awhile. But I will say Comp Cam and the VP checks will show up months before the others. Heck im still waiting for my ford racing check from class in Gainesville.

BRETV 09-12-2019 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charley Downing (Post 597400)
Don those checks will not show up for awhile. But I will say Comp Cam and the VP checks will show up months before the others. Heck im still waiting for my ford racing check from class in Gainesville.

I'm still waiting on my Ford racing check from class in Gainesville from 2003. You think I should right it off?? LOL

Bret Velde
2003 ??

jmcarter 09-12-2019 10:16 AM

Unfortunately with Moody downgrading Ford’s bond rating to “junk” (not the end of the world but look at their stock since Alan Mullally left) I’m not sure abandoning the car market except for Mustang was the right step. I’m not on the “recession coming” bandwagon regardless of who wins in 2020 but do think that our current crop of Demons, GT500, etc. is going to tip over at some point and GM and Ford will scale back....just IMHO.

Steve Polhill 09-12-2019 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Kennedy (Post 597399)
Just checking heck i don't even know if i will get anything.lol

If you get a check before the new year I'd be shocked.

MikeMoller 09-12-2019 02:08 PM

That was one big plus with IHRA - they stayed on those who posted contingency and you got paid.

Adger Smith 09-13-2019 02:20 AM

Mike, They stayed on almost everyone. the old CSI got me for 3 and Jet hot got me for 1... Back in the 2,000's... Yes IHRA was way better than NHRA in that respect, Esp when Karen was doing the job.

Ed Wright 09-13-2019 11:31 AM

Last IHRA race I won, the check bounced, never made it good. Almost no contingency sponsors. About half of that few never paid up. Gave up on IHRA after that.

X-TECH MAN 09-13-2019 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeMoller (Post 597440)
That was one big plus with IHRA - they stayed on those who posted contingency and you got paid.

That is because Bill Bader still owned IHRA. When it was sold several times after he let it go IHRA turned to s**t !

Warren Evans 09-15-2019 09:19 AM

NHRA payments are net 45.