CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   .90 Heads Up Class Racing (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   national trails super series (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=23455)

B CHILLIK 01-28-2010 08:37 PM

national trails super series

hey nitro joe ...any word on if theres gonna be any super races at ntr this year ?

T Hall 01-28-2010 09:34 PM

Re: national trails super series

I sent Jim Layton an email yesterday. There is one weekend only with a super series race, and he told me there would be no championship and if that one weekend had a decent turn out, that there could possibly me another race.
The wasn't very much support for the series in the past couple of years so it is now gone. What a bummer. It had a fantastic payout for a very small entry fee and was a lot of fun. Hopefully maybe Joe can boost it back up for the future.

Nitro Joe Jackson 01-28-2010 10:12 PM

Hope we can get a all-star turn out for the double weekend event and it will show Jim to have more of them.We was doing good last year until the last 2 races then it was all down hill.
Wait and see I guess.

I am doing 6 SS/Stock events for Buckeye Stock /Super stock Association.

kmyers 01-30-2010 08:54 PM

Has anyone heard any more about a super series @ Edgewater? If Jim doesn't want to host a super series, maybe someone else will. That was one of the main reasons why I raced @ NTR. Think of all of those double entries Jim is losing out on.
Maybe it's time to get the boat running.

Bob Verwold 01-30-2010 09:25 PM

From what I understand Edgewater is a go, they don't have the dates set yet but as soon as they do I'll give Dewey a call or PM you......................

kmyers 01-30-2010 09:30 PM

I'm ready for the season, as long as my job holds out. I'm half way between Edgewater and NTR, so I'll be racing Super Street some where. Thanks Bob

B CHILLIK 01-31-2010 08:55 AM

edgewater is a hoof for me,but if the moneys right and it draws the cars i might have to make the trip

Bob Verwold 01-31-2010 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B CHILLIK (Post 166342)
edgewater is a hoof for me,but if the moneys right and it draws the cars i might have to make the trip

Their talking $3,000 for the super classes and they have two 1/8 mi races at $5,000 each day.......
$150. entry for super not sure on entry fee for 1/8 bracket.

Bill Hoskinson 01-31-2010 05:34 PM

In Jim Layton's defense, not everyone is interested in having a Super Series.

Obviously I enjoyed it, but I have heard alot of other racers who don't. The Sportsman class, Pro class, Bikes, and even some of the Super Pro class racers are tired of being at the track all day long to get 2 time shots and first round completed by 5pm.

I know this isn't what anyone on this site wants to hear, but I don't blame all these other racers for being tired of waiting around all day.

Personally, if they are going to do away with the Super Series, I think it would be a good idea for the track to consider first round buy backs for the bracket classes.

I am all in favor of going to Edgewater to race a Super Series. It's nice to get away from home every now and then.

Bob Verwold 01-31-2010 05:50 PM

Bill if ya come down bring Rex and Penny with ya,I know Rex runs S/ST