CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Class Racer Builds (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   My 85 GT bracket bomber (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=62187)

black88coupe 05-15-2016 11:58 AM

My 85 GT bracket bomber

1 Attachment(s)
I consider it my daily driver plus I bracket race it whenever possible. The motor is mostly stock as I am building the car back to front if you know what I mean.

Motor: Bone stock 100,00 mile HO longblock with a K&N. Added FRPP 1.72's, underdrive pulleys

Exhaust: Shorty's with 2.5" Dyno-Max cat back

Trans: Warmed over AOD/ 2400 stall C6 style converter. Manual valve body w/ trans brake waiting to be installed.

Rear gears: 4.10

Manual rack

Electric fan

Power adder: None

EGR delete

Pulleys- March alt./ water pump with stock alt. pulley

Suspension- Bolt on aftermmarket upper/ lower control arms and Strange adjustable struts/ shocks.

Future plans: Mildly ported Iron GT 40's and Explorer intake when I get sick of this combo.

Leaving at 1,000 rpm- 1.876-60', 13.62 @ 99.40 MPH. Left the trans in drive and just foot braked it. On 235/ 60-15 ET Streets.

goinbroke2 05-16-2016 09:37 AM

Re: My 85 GT bracket bomber

Don't port the gt-40's! Bolt them on your roller long block and claim a crate motor. I forget which it is but I think stock roller cam and gt-40's are the 215hp one. (hmmm,I might be thinking gt-40p's)

Excellent start!

black88coupe 05-16-2016 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goinbroke2 (Post 503580)
Don't port the gt-40's! Bolt them on your roller long block and claim a crate motor. I forget which it is but I think stock roller cam and gt-40's are the 215hp one. (hmmm,I might be thinking gt-40p's)

Excellent start!

Thanks. I would like to do something like that but my work schedule as well as the fact that the closest races are a couple hours away in any direction kinda makes it tough for me. Although I'm wondering if Milan has something periodically for points- not sure about that. The GT40's were already ported when I got them. I just had a little more work done to them. Unless I'm mistaken the CM class is for carb'd combo's? Mine is EFI as I'm not really a carburetor guy. I am building the car to mimic those styles of classes though as I think it would be fun to compete in PS or CM. Also, I forgot to mention that the car has Strange adjustable struts/ shocks as well. Plans this year call for anything that will make the car a little faster and help it stay consistent. Again, thanks. Mitch.

Dan Fahey 05-16-2016 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by black88coupe (Post 503505)
I consider it my daily driver plus I bracket race it whenever possible. The motor is mostly stock as I am building the car back to front if you know what I mean.

Motor: Bone stock 100,00 mile HO longblock with a K&N. Added FRPP 1.72's, underdrive pulleys

Exhaust: Shorty's with 2.5" Dyno-Max cat back

Trans: Warmed over AOD/ 2400 stall C6 style converter. Manual valve body w/ trans brake waiting to be installed.

Rear gears: 4.10

Manual rack

Electric fan

Power adder: None

EGR delete

Pulleys- March alt./ water pump with stock alt. pulley

Suspension- Bolt on aftermmarket upper/ lower control arms and Strange adjustable struts/ shocks.

Future plans: Mildly ported Iron GT 40's and Explorer intake when I get sick of this combo.

Leaving at 1,000 rpm- 1.876-60', 13.62 @ 99.40 MPH. Left the trans in drive and just foot braked it. On 235/ 60-15 ET Streets.

So close to being a Pure Stocker.
Think your car would run G/PS well under the 14.30 index and you have a lot more room.

D

black88coupe 05-16-2016 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Fahey (Post 503597)
So close to being a Pure Stocker.
Think your car would run G/PS well under the 14.30 index and you have a lot more room.

D

Thanks. Yeah my work life/ home life wouldn't allow the traveling. I can sure dream though- LOL.