CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Unused race cars, too (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=75211)

Greg Gay 01-18-2020 01:06 PM

Unused race cars, too

How many Stock/Super Stock cars do you think are just setting, ready to go, maybe just needing updated belts, or a new set of slicks? I'm guessing that only 17% of cars are being run, and there are 5 cars setting for every 1 that is being raced. In my case, for example, I'm only set up to move 1 car, so my Super Bee pretty much sets while I run the Mirada. I did run the Super Bee at a couple of local races, but it hasn't been to an NHRA race in years. Others?

Billy Nees 01-18-2020 01:16 PM

Re: Unused race cars, too

Yeah, I've got some stuff just lying around.

Steve Stasko 01-18-2020 03:49 PM

I have one S/S car that needs a motor put in it, and an S/S GT car that needs the stuff you stated (pair of slicks, belts, and other misc safety items). I'll probably .90 race this year instead.

bykr 01-18-2020 03:59 PM

I'd guess about 90% of the cars that get posted on the Facebook page Ford S/SS class cars haven't seen the light of day in years.

tpoh815 01-19-2020 06:28 AM

Same x 3 cars all stock!

GTX JOHN 01-19-2020 06:01 PM

We have 6 Sportman/Pro Bracket cars sitting
( We do not bracket race last couple years )
We have a couple Stock and a Superstocker sitting
( Oldest boy only offroad races anymore)
One Street Outlaw type car
One Dragster
All Mopar cars or power
Opps .....forgot a 80 Dodge truck stocker also.

Greg Gay 01-19-2020 06:29 PM

I read an editorial in a car magazine one time that said if you have a car that is just setting and has been for 10 years, then you owe it to the car community to sell it. However, I also think that there is value in taking a look out in your garage and thinking to yourself, "That's mine!"

Bob Don 01-19-2020 06:41 PM

Greg - let me know if you need someone to exercise the Super Bee! lol

Mepprecht 01-19-2020 07:01 PM

So 1100 stock racers is 17%? I know not every racer has a car but it isn’t that much sharing! So you want to say there’s 6600 stock or super stock legal out there??

John Kissel 01-20-2020 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Gay (Post 606481)
I read an editorial in a car magazine one time that said if you have a car that is just setting and has been for 10 years, then you owe it to the car community to sell it. However, I also think that there is value in taking a look out in your garage and thinking to yourself, "That's mine!"

My car i have owned just shy of 40 years, and it ain't going anywhere. Just little things just happen; bad economey,get sick,house needs new roof, house needs new furnace, you get the picture.I do go out in the garage and sit a while and look at my stuff, and am proud of it, just llike i look at my shortwave radios that work great, but most of what used to be on, is now gone. They ain't movein' either. John Kissel K242