CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Special Thanks to Pro 1 Racing & Safety Products (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=65151)

EMMONS BROS. 02-03-2017 12:48 PM

Special Thanks to Pro 1 Racing & Safety Products

Being that the Winternationals is next week and our cars are already there, I just realized a few of them need current seat belts. Jeff Hefler and Charlotte Ledbetter with Pro 1 Racing & Safety Equipment are paying contingency for all 24 NHRA national events/ Jegs Allstars/ Factory Shootout/ and E.T. Finals. More importantly, the products are manufactured and assembled here in the USA. We decided to go with them and the next day the belts arrived at the office. Customer service was on point as well as creating a great looking product. Thanks again for taking care of your customers and for the financial support that seems to be dwindling in our sport!

Darrel Goheen 02-03-2017 02:43 PM

Re: Special Thanks to Pro 1 Racing & Safety Products

They're not doing contingency for divisionals?

Hefler 02-03-2017 04:07 PM

Thank you for the nice words..We take a lot pride in our seat belts as we build them right here in Fort Worth Tx...the website is pro1safety.com for those that want to check them out.
We are paying contingency for all NHRA national events but not divisional events as i do not believe any company is paying contingency for division races as far as seat belts go..We are a very small company but maybe down the road we could do divisional postings..

Thank you and good luck to all in 2017,
Jeff

Larry Hill 02-03-2017 05:42 PM

Glad your doing well Jeff

Darrel Goheen 02-03-2017 09:33 PM

Good to hear from you Jeff. Thanks for offering something back to the racers.

Brett C 02-04-2017 01:12 AM

Why not be the lead dog and support the divisionals?

Hefler 02-04-2017 01:37 PM

Its very expensive just like anything else in racing lol. We are a small company that specializes in quality seat belts and not china made crap, so we do not have the funds to put up for the divisional side..Its only because of the new contingency program for nationals is the reason we and other companies are paying for nationals..If the same rules applied for division races i would be all in...Maybe in the future they will offer the same deal for the division races...

Thanks,
Jeff

Darrel Goheen 02-04-2017 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hefler (Post 525940)
Its only because of the new contingency program for nationals is the reason we and other companies are paying for nationals..If the same rules applied for division races i would be all in...Maybe in the future they will offer the same deal for the division races...

Thanks,
Jeff

What's the new contingency program?

Hefler 02-04-2017 03:14 PM

NHRA came up with a complimentary contingency program.. You have to post a minimum of eight National events with what I think is $1,200 minimum and pay whatever someone else is paying for the same component..You do not get banner rights, midway space, tickets and etc... You do get your listing in national dragster and on the website... We decided to do all 24 national events with all the sportsman classes being included ( not the alcohol classes) and also the Jegs all stars and the factory shootout races ( I think it came to $74,000)...
I told my girlfriend/business partner that if Dan Fletcher calls do not sell him any belts... she looks at me with her head kinda leaning as to not know why I said that and I say " he wins to much haha"..

Jeff

Keith 944 02-04-2017 03:17 PM

Obviously we all appreciate the support at the national level but if you would consider an "in house" lords contingency program like some others have done, I would purchase a set, (prob will anyway) I am sure many would do the same when the word got out.