CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Live from Galot Division LODRS 2-3 (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=69548)

HR9121 04-12-2018 10:46 AM

Live from Galot Division LODRS 2-3

Well in true fashion I am not there yet which to anyone who knows how I roll will not be surprised. I just found out yesterday that Ms Patsy will not be here this weekend so it looks like I'm on my own so I thought I would get started early on this. I am locked and loaded but have some work to get done today so I can play tomorrow.
The weather looks to be absolutely gorgeous for this weekend with a chance of rain Sunday afternoon but since they plan to complete this race on Saturday it shouldn't be an issue. The schedule shows 3 qualifying runs for Friday and straight into 1st round of eliminations on Saturday morning. Today is test and tune with a clear Carolina blue sky!
I may not drive over till in the morning since its not much more than a hour and half for me so if anyone wants to jump in and help feel free.

Pistol Pete 04-12-2018 10:52 AM

Re: Live from Galot Division LODRS 2-3

Good Luck Racing James.
Thx for the reporting too.

Larry Hill 04-12-2018 11:48 AM

Hey, Cooter!!

I know you will do a fine job this weekend! I will be there to help out at Charlotte and Atlanta in a couple of weeks!!

Good luck!!

Patsy

Nmbr1GMfan 04-12-2018 02:01 PM

I won't be there till tomorrow mid morning but I'll bring my computer and try to get some pics up this weekend.

HR9121 04-12-2018 03:35 PM

Thanks Pete, going to miss you guys this weekend Ms Patsy and I won't be much help at Charlotte since normally I have lots of family there as you know. Todd that would be great if you could pitch in, typically the car count has not been very good so this race moves along rather quickly not leaving much time for reporting.

jmcarter 04-12-2018 05:33 PM

Cooter, just an FYI that they having big dollar race at Carolina Dragway so some of the double duty racers will be over there. And of course some are reluctant to run 1/8 mile...shame since by all reports (including Ms Patsy) it is a great facility. Good luck and thanks in advance for the live reports.

Randy Parker 04-12-2018 09:55 PM

Well after a 10 year vacation from racing, my great friend said take this car and go racing. Galot points race, it's on!!

Tracy Robbins 04-12-2018 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HR9121 (Post 560476)
Thanks Pete, going to miss you guys this weekend Ms Patsy and I won't be much help at Charlotte since normally I have lots of family there as you know. Todd that would be great if you could pitch in, typically the car count has not been very good so this race moves along rather quickly not leaving much time for reporting.

This race is starting to grow for stock/super stock, last year there were 49 super stockers and 41 stockers which was a better field than the Cecil race a few weeks later. From the looks of the pits there are more racers here this year than last. Rich is doing a good job for D-2 at getting more racers to give NHRA a try!

Randy Parker 04-12-2018 10:30 PM

Agree TR, this place is packed!

HR9121 04-12-2018 11:29 PM

Thanks guys, that is definitely good to hear! Jim, this place is spectacular. They have built a first class facility here and I don't think he is finished yet. I know some guys who tow a couple hours to run the bracket program here and I hope the LODRS races continue to see improving numbers to make it worth his effort to keep it here. Its been a long day for me trying to get all my chores done so I can go racing, I will have more in the a.m.