CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   RIP, Kevin Melhorn (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=78639)

Nitro Joe Jackson 02-21-2021 12:15 AM

RIP, Kevin Melhorn

2 Attachment(s)
I received one of those texts you never want to receive Friday morning. Josh Melhorn texted me to tell me his father, Kevin Melhorn passed away this morning. Our deepest condolences to the whole Melhorn family. I am loss for words, he was a great guy, will be missed by many. I will post more information on calling hours and funeral when i receive info. The Melhorn family asked me if i would let racers know. R.I.P my friend.
SALINEVILLE — Kevin Carter Melhorn, 59, died unexpectedly of a heart ailment in the emergency department at East Liverpool City Hospital Friday morning. Born October 2, 1961 in Canton, he was a son of the late Clarence and Barbara (Wolfe) Melhorn. Weber Funeral Home in Lisbon is handling the arrangements.
2/20/21

rk3800 02-21-2021 12:44 AM

Re: RIP, Kevin Melhorn

What a sad thing to happen, such a nice guy. We certainly never know from one day to the next. Good friend, good racer, looking forward to running this upcoming season. Rest In Peace Kevin, prayers for the family and friends.

Bob Wibright 02-21-2021 09:29 AM

Very shocking and sad news Joe. They don't come any better than Kevin. My condolances to Becki and the boys. Rest in Peace Kevin, you will be missed.

Jeff Niceswanger 02-21-2021 09:56 AM

I received the same shocking text as Nitro.
Kevin and I had a trip planned to take his engine down to Charlotte and drop it off, and pick mine up. We were leaving this coming Thursday at noon. I believe Becki, his wife was going with us. He had been having issues with numbness, pain in his arms, and generally feeling lethargic. After fighting with his insurance company for a week to get a stress test, the test was inconclusive. In fact his arteries showed to be in really good shape for a man 59 years of age. After just loosing good friend David Dupps a few weeks ago, this one makes ya feel like the world is closing in on ya. Do what you wanna do in life guys, were all running out of time .....

Gary Merrick 02-21-2021 11:08 AM

I can only echo what others have previously posted. Just SAD news indeed!! You just can't find folks nicer than Becki and Kevin. My wife and I attended their wedding many years ago and a happier couple you could not have imagined.

Our deepest sympathies to Becki and the entire Melhorn family, Kevin will be missed for sure.

Gary Merrick

Rick Brown 02-21-2021 12:05 PM

Not really sure how to respond to this...... Kevin was a very well respected person and always had a smile no matter the situation and had a wonderful life with a wonderful Wife by his side in Becki, always pleasant.
I had just sent to him late last year a photo of his Grandfather "Pappy Melhorn" with his '58 Chevy, who I used to compete against at Quaker City, and he was so glad to receive it.

Take care Becki, you have a lot of friends in this community.

He will be missed by many, Rest in Peace Sir.................

Rick & Bev Brown

And yes, Mr. Niceswanger we have lost to many along with Dave, my C/D partner Dan Vanderpool passed away a few weeks ago due to a brain tumor.

Bill Jackson 02-21-2021 08:55 PM

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Bill and Mary Ann Jackson

parmalaserwash 02-21-2021 08:58 PM

I will miss him deeply. We parked next to each other always ate dinners together, and laughed often. You will not find better people than Kevin and Becki. We were going to Charlotte for the Nascar experience this April. The world has truly lost a GREAT person. He will be missed in more ways than 1. God Bless his family and everyone he has touched. Miss you buddy.

Joe&Kelly Gallucci

Ernie Neal 02-22-2021 10:40 AM

I hated to hear the news. Kevin was always great guy. He has been very helpful to me. We laughed with each before and after he kicked my rear at Columbus last year. Great guy and he will be missed by the community. R.I.P. buddy

Ernie Neal

John W. 1711 02-22-2021 07:11 PM

He is a relative of mine. I met him once, at Numidia, a few years ago. My mother is a Melhorn. The family name is pretty rare. My mom was born in Dover Pa. Sorry to hear. My sympathies to the family.