CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   .90 Heads Up Class Racing (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Linn Bebout was in a near fatal car accident on Sunday night (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=7675)

Angie Webb 10-31-2007 09:05 AM

Linn Bebout was in a near fatal car accident on Sunday night

Linn was in a near fatal car accident on Sunday night with his 8 year old son Cole. They were both transported by air to hospitals in Columbus, Ohio. Cole was taken to Childrens to check out his condition he was released early in the morning on Sunday. He has some cuts and scraps but over all is ok. It is almost like a bubble was placed around him to keep him safe.

Linn on the other had was injuried badly. He had to have his spleen removed, his liver had damage and his diaphragm was crushed. He was unable to breath. They got him stable enough to fly him to OSU and did surgery right away. He also has a broken pelvic bone, his spin has some chips but will self heal and an injury to his brain. We are unsure if any other bones are broken as they are not life threating. Neither his brain or pelvic or back require surgery at this time. His stomach is still open as they have to go back in and "clean him up" check everything out and slowly they will put his stomach back together. He is not awake but can be with some help from the nurses and team of doctors. He does follow commands when they do this. The part of his brain that is damaged is the part that moves your arms and legs and currently he does do that with some control. Which is promising.

He is to have a second surgery today at 1pm.

If you wish to send cards you can do so at

Robert L Bebout
OSU Medical Center
410 W. 10th Ave.
Columbus, OH 43210

I will between my trips to the hospital try to update you as things change.

Thanks
Angie Webb
(yes I'm Bill's wife)

Jason Oldfield 10-31-2007 09:45 AM

Re: Linn Bebout was in a near fatal car accident on Sunday night

Wow....I'm relieved to hear that Cole is OK, but this is terrible news about Linn. Please keep us updated on his condition. We're all pulling for him...

Lynn Hoosigian 10-31-2007 09:54 AM

Give our love to Linn and wishes for a speedy recovery!

Jo Anne Winzer 10-31-2007 10:48 AM

We are also very sorry to hear about Linn's accident. He is a god person and we will keep him and your entire family in our prayers.

Barney B 10-31-2007 12:13 PM

So sorry to hear this! Our thoughts and prayers are with him. Get well soon Linn.
Barney and Penny

SSTRACER323 10-31-2007 12:42 PM

I am sorry to hear about the accident, You are all in our thoughts and prayers
I had the pleasure to meet and race against Linn at Edgewater 3 years ago.
Very nice person and a class act.

T Hall 10-31-2007 05:56 PM

WOW! I am at loss for words. I have missed seeing Linn at the races the last couple of years. He is a great racer and a super nice guy. He, Bob and Bill are always the racers I watch and try to imulate. Always helpful whenever I needed it.
We sincerely hope for the best for Linn and his family.
Angie, please keep us posted.
Thoughts prayers.

Tony, Lori & Richard Hall

Jeff Goodman 10-31-2007 06:55 PM

Angie - your family is in our thoughts and prayers. Jeff & Marty

Angie Webb 11-02-2007 10:13 AM

Wednesday afternoon they did surgery again. They removed fluid from his lungs, they were not able to close his stomach. That will come with time, maybe next week. Now they are trying to manage his pain but still need to get responses from him when the doctors come in to asses his condition. So it can be hard to get a balance. He does move his arms and legs but it causes lots of pain which they feel is because his pelvic bone is broken. They feel the brain injury is healing but haven't done any more CAT scans because he gets very upset when they move him and they don't feel it's worth it. The doctor is certain everything is healing well, so they put it off.

Thanks for the support. So many of you have called and visited. It's great for my parents and Linn's wife Robyn to know so many people care.

Angie

Tom DePascale 11-02-2007 12:16 PM

Sounds like it was a horrible accident, My thoughs & prayers are with Linn & family during this rough time .