CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Bellhousing (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=68143)

J&S Racing 11-06-2017 02:57 PM

Bellhousing

Well its bellhousing time for my project....

Im looking at the Mcleod aluminum piece. anybody have any experience with these?

james schaechter 11-08-2017 09:05 PM

Re: Bellhousing

I inquired a couple of times, but they never had any in stock. Compare the weight to make sure it is a good weight savings. I know one would think it should be lighter, but that can vary depending on how they made it and if it requires a liner.

Nmbr1GMfan 11-08-2017 09:40 PM

They're advertised steel or titanium liner.

terry1 11-09-2017 09:25 AM

I got my bell from Browell,
BBI-6.1 WR.
They DID NOT recommend an aluminum one
for my application, Stock Eliminator!
Terry K

J&S Racing 11-09-2017 09:47 AM

Thanks guys.

It really ended up being a no brainer.

The McLeod is 15 pounds lighter, has a larger inspection window, was on the shelf vs. 3/4 week wait and was $100 cheaper.

They currently are shipping with the titanium liner for no extra cost.

Nmbr1GMfan 11-09-2017 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J&S Racing (Post 549373)
Thanks guys.

The McLeod is 15 pounds lighter, has a larger inspection window, was on the shelf vs. 3/4 week wait and was $100 cheaper.

I really like that 15 lbs savings. I would also like to know what the fork options are, with Browell there are some great adjustability options.

JHeath 11-12-2017 04:01 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I bought the McLeod SBF bellhousing for my 93 Mustang stocker, it is really nice, thinking of using it on my CJ project. I am not sure about the fork, the stock mustang cable will work, haven't really looked at what I will need for mechanical linkage.

james schaechter 11-12-2017 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J&S Racing (Post 549373)
Thanks guys.

If you get a chance to weigh it please post or let me know the actual bellhousing weight and block save weight?

b.guggenmos 11-12-2017 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHeath (Post 549624)
I bought the McLeod SBF bellhousing for my 93 Mustang stocker, it is really nice, thinking of using it on my CJ project. I am not sure about the fork, the stock mustang cable will work, haven't really looked at what I will need for mechanical linkage.

Nice big window. What trans are you running with that bell? I heard the depth is for a T5 and that is different than a Jerico?

JHeath 11-12-2017 11:08 PM

My Jerico is T5 input length