CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Tri-State S/SS Association (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Sadly, no more TSSSSA for me (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=71819)

Mike Carr 12-26-2018 04:21 PM

Sadly, no more TSSSSA for me

Hello and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to everyone ! I hope it was a great one for you all.

Sadly, I am resigning as President of The TSSSSA. My health, which has been on the decline for several years, has unfortunately caught up to me. Some of you know that I was diagnosed with M.S. August 12, 2010. So I will not be doing the S/SS Races any longer. But, if anyone would like to stop by my house to learn how to do the races, please let me know.

I want to thank everyone who competed with us in the twenty-plus years I have been doing these races. Also a big thank you to Tom Lang for giving me the chance; first as announcer in 1997 in our first year and to take over in 1999.

You will all be missed.

Mike Carr and my mother Wendy and father Gary

Carguy49 12-26-2018 05:44 PM

Re: Sadly, no more TSSSSA for me

Good luck to you in the coming years. I know this was not an easy decision, but one that had to be made. May God watch over you and give you joy in the future.

X-TECH MAN 12-26-2018 06:25 PM

I am so sorry to hear about this Mike. I always enjoyed your races when I lived in Maryland. I moved to Fla. about 9 years ago. Please tell you mom and dad I said hello. Take care and try to enjoy everyday.
Terry Bell

Chris1529 12-26-2018 10:29 PM

Truly sorry to hear you really are hanging it up, but more important is your health. I wish you the best.

BILL TAYLOR 12-26-2018 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Carr (Post 579095)
Hello and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to everyone ! I hope it was a great one for you all.

Sadly, I am resigning as President of The TSSSSA. My health, which has been on the decline for several years, has unfortunately caught up to me. Some of you know that I was diagnosed with M.S. August 12, 2010. So I will not be doing the S/SS Races any longer. But, if anyone would like to stop by my house to learn how to do the races, please let me know.

I want to thank everyone who competed with us in the twenty-plus years I have been doing these races. Also a big thank you to Tom Lang for giving me the chance; first as announcer in 1997 in our first year and to take over in 1999.

You will all be missed.

Mike Carr and my mother Wendy and father Gary

Mike, Awful sorry to hear this, although I figured it was coming. Always looked forward to the" Fall Classic/ Lee Sherman Race". Best of luck with your health issues which are much more important than any drag race, that's for sure. Your passion for the sport will be missed but not forgotten. Please stay in touch on here. Best to you and your Mom. Bill Taylor.

Pistol Pete 12-28-2018 09:29 PM

Sorry to hear that Mike, but totally understand the health issue your having.
Even though i only made it to 1 of your races, you did a great job, along with
your mom.
Take care of yourself and maybe some warm weather might help you in those
cold winters you get...

Have a Happy New Year !!

Dan Lattimore 01-01-2019 07:38 PM

Mike ---- If it continues and I hope it does. It's going to be some extremely big shoes to fill. The job you and family have done these many years with passion and dedication is truly unbelievable and greatly appreciated . I wish only the best for you and your family and hope you take of yourself and enjoy the years to come....Thank you for the many fun times at the Mason Dixon race . Danny :-)

Dan Fahey 01-29-2019 12:24 AM

Mike Carr please contact me

Danfahey@dansources.com
302-217-0425 ext 400

I will pick up the reins of Tri-State S/SS Association was

Mike Carr 02-01-2019 07:57 PM

I am still looking for someone to take over the Association for me. Let me know if you, or anyone, are interested.

Mike Carr 03-15-2019 02:47 PM

This is my final request for someone to take over the TSSSSA for me, or it will go away for the second, and final, time.. I have two requests. That it be a person from the S/SS community, and that you leave the races in this area. Please contact me, if interested. Thank you.