CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Proper Fuel Cell Winter Storage (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=37207)

joe huestis 11-14-2011 08:45 PM

Proper Fuel Cell Winter Storage

Put a fuel cell in my stocker this season and was wondering what is protocol for winter storage. Should I drain it completely or ??? Plastic cell with foam inside. Thanks for any tips. - Joe

Chad Rhodes 11-14-2011 08:47 PM

Re: Proper Fuel Cell Winter Storage

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe huestis (Post 293540)
Put a fuel cell in my stocker this season and was wondering what is protocol for winter storage. Should I drain it completely or ??? Plastic cell with foam inside. Thanks for any tips. - Joe

first step is to get the foam out before it clogs something up. then just drain it

Jim Wahl 11-14-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad Rhodes (Post 293542)
first step is to get the foam out before it clogs something up. then just drain it

X2, get that foam out pronto! Jim

Chad E532 11-14-2011 11:35 PM

Not to hijack this thread but the replies prompted me to ask the question since a fuel cell is the winter project on my car.

Is removing the foam just part of the winter draining process, or should the foam not be used on a drag car?

Thanks
Chad

Dion Hildebrandt 11-15-2011 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad E532 (Post 293569)
Not to hijack this thread but the replies prompted me to ask the question since a fuel cell is the winter project on my car.

Is removing the foam just part of the winter draining process, or should the foam not be used on a drag car?

Thanks
Chad

Do NOT use the foam ,......unless you enjoy headaches. It breaks down and will plug everything.

Chris DeGidio 11-15-2011 09:39 AM

Pulled the foam out after replacing pump,going thru carb and regulator and flushing lines etc.Not worth the hassle or $$$ it cost me.

Chad Rhodes 11-15-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dion Hildebrandt (Post 293573)
Do NOT use the foam ,......unless you enjoy headaches. It breaks down and will plug everything.

It can also make you fail fuel check if you switch fuels.

Rusty Davenport 11-15-2011 11:15 AM

Put the Marvel Mystery Oil In......let the engine run for a while.........forget it.

Reed Granrt 11-15-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad Rhodes (Post 293598)
It can also make you fail fuel check if you switch fuels.

Chad, my man
What can be added to make you fail, can be added to make you pass also. Think about that for a second. Oh wait a minute it will take you longer than a second to figure that out. HeHe.
reed

buzzinhalfdozen 11-15-2011 11:43 AM

I've found it best to remove fuel cell and store it somewhere the temp is consitent. The cell can and will sweat during temp swings and produce condensation. Of course if your vehicle is not subjected to these swings just draining would be in order. IMO. Joe