CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Factory Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Fuel Sample Valve location (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=62868)

Hotroddragpak 07-12-2016 01:06 PM

Fuel Sample Valve location

I'm wondering if I can run my fuel sample valve out the front of the car coming out of the grille on my Drag Pak? I saw a stocker drag Pak plumbed like this. The 2010 drag Pak has a dzus fastened hood and is a pain to remove. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

john corcoran jr 07-12-2016 01:31 PM

Re: Fuel Sample Valve location

I know what you mean about the hood being a pain. I put mine in the fuel filler door pocket. I was told that as long as it is on the outlet side of the pump it was good.

Dave Gantz 07-13-2016 07:52 AM

Only thing is, if I'm a tech guy, how do I know where your sample valve's source is, if the hood isn't open?

Bobby DiDomenico 07-13-2016 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Gantz (Post 509038)
Only thing is, if I'm a tech guy, how do I know where your sample valve's source is, if the hood isn't open?

That is why I thought it was under the hood so they could verify the plumbing.
If in the grill location is the valve actually "outside" the car structure in the event of a wreck?

Hotroddragpak 07-13-2016 11:38 PM

That's what I was thinking, bit apparently it's legal for these cars. I'm just going to mount mine on the pressure regulator and remove all doubt from where the fuel came from. Just thought about mounting where it was easy to get to. The fuel door idea sounds great. They could see where the fuel is coming from being that close to the fuel source. But that's another project for later...

Jim Wahl 07-24-2016 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Gantz (Post 509038)

Great point! Jim

Jim Wahl 07-24-2016 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotroddragpak (Post 509109)
That's what I was thinking, bit apparently it's legal for these cars. I'm just going to mount mine on the pressure regulator and remove all doubt from where the fuel came from. Just thought about mounting where it was easy to get to. The fuel door idea sounds great. They could see where the fuel is coming from being that close to the fuel source. But that's another project for later...

Never assume it's legal just because you saw it like that on somebody else's car!! Find out from your local neighborly tech guy! Jim